2bSolo -

My base computer is a Dell Special Edition XPS. The Intel 7700K processor has been over-clocked a bit to a constant 4.6MHz. My over clock speed is limited by thermal issues and without going to water cooling or more, I cannot run it stable past the current speed...although there seems to be quite a noticeable performance increase at 4.7Ghz, I just can't hold it steady there.

With 4 RAM slots the computer can handle 64Gb but I think that the 32 that I have is more than needed. The memory is 2400Mhz DDR4. When my music system is running, I'm typically running 7 to 8 programs at once and rarely see more than 12-15% memory utilization. Have looked at increasing the memory to higher frequencies but think I'm at a point of diminishing returns.

In all honesty...is it fast? Yeah!...on test programs, test loads, etc. On everyday stuff...I guess..more so than my previous computers. But the biggest bang for the buck is SSD drives...no question about that. But my own experience here is that while your computer and programs will start faster, I'm not so sure they run will noticeably faster with SSD's.

YMMV

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3