You're looking for the sounds of the Memphis Horns - The core of the group being Wayne Jackson and Andrew Love. They were staff musicians for Stax records - On records for Sam and Dave, Otis Redding, Isaac Hayes, and Rufus Thomas. They were not exclusive to Stax records. They played for Al Green, Neil Diamond, Elvis Presley and Stephen Stills, Sting, Jack White, Alicia Keys and Peter Gabriel according to their Wikipedia site. Every song on your list above was performed by the Memphis Horns.

For modern day recordings 'in the style of the Memphis Horns', look on YouTube for The Band of Oz "Shama Lama Ding Dong" "Build me Up" and "Ocean Boulevard"; The Catalinas "Summertime's Calling Me"; The Chairmen of the Board "Carolina Girls"; The Fantastic Shakers "Walk with me Talk with me"; The Embers "I love beach music".

These are active bands and particularly, The Band of Oz do a lot of studio recording for other bands. Most have members that are originally from The Embers.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 02/10/19 10:20 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.