Unfortunately I have to disagree with Eddie on his assumption the Users Showcase is a strict songwriting forum for several reasons. First and most importantly, his definition is so restrictive there are some of my original songs that didn't qualify to be posted. I have had several forum members 'cover' my original works and they released the song here in the Users Showcase. Other forum members have done the same with other forum members. By every definition, these songs are covers and do not qualify under Eddie's restrictive code. A cover is not constrained to a commercial hit song. I am aware that in the past some forum members have corroborated with friends or family and used BIAB to create the instrumental backing tracks of their song and posted these on the Users Showcase with the writers permission. Again, this falls short using Eddie's narrow and restrictive interpretation of proper use of the Users Showcase.

Second, It has been my understanding the entire time I have been a forum member that if one had all the rights to a song, it could be posted in the Users Showcase. Over the years, several members obtained legal license to commercially and privately record and release copyrighted material and some of those releases made it to the Users Showcase. When it has been questioned in the past, every time, inclusion of the license number was sufficient to stop any assertion the song was either improperly or illegally posted against standing Users Showcase regulations.

Third, it is my understanding the entire time I have been a forum member the Users Showcase is a song forum and not a songwriting forum. It is to showcase members use of PGMusic software in their music production. There are at least three other forums on the PGMusic site that direct focus more toward unauthorized covers of copyrighted material or songwriting subject that buttress my position in my opinion. My assessment is that Eddie's assumption and decision the Users Showcase is a songwriting forum is incorrect and not supported by the listed regulations nor past enforcement and acceptance of posted songs.

Fourth, public domain songs have always been considered the BIAB artist has all rights to the song and publishing them in the Users Showcase has been accepted the entire time I have been a forum member.

Fifth: Eddie posted this in the wrong forum......

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 02/18/19 10:57 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.