Originally Posted By: bowlesj
... I am curious what the benefits of freezing the track are. I suspect in my situation where I have no way of knowing for sure how many chorus repeats I need to use on jam night I can't freeze tracks. Am I correct?
John

Hi John.

The RealTracks are recordings of an artist who may play multiple different interpretations of musical passages of a particular chord or chord progression. These are all unique individual phrases.

Each time you generate, BiaB selects these one or more of these phrases to 'assemble' the overall song.
When you generate again, BiaB may select one or more different phases and the accompaniment therefore changes.

However, if you freeze the specific track, the phrasing you froze remains fixed and wont be changed by a further generation. You will always hear he same backing for that specific track (unless to unfreeze and regenerate)

I hope this explains the methods used.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones