Originally Posted By: LtKojak
There are a whole lot of independent Smooth Jazz artists releasing records that are not much more than a BIAB-made backing track with a single instrument playing the melody...

Just saying... wink

I couldn't agree more.
By definition, Smooth Jazz creates a relaxing mood and often tends to feature a single soloist playing over a fairly generic-sounding backing track, whether the backing track has been created using BIAB Realtracks or live session musicians.
For that reason alone, BIAB is a useful tool to many musicians.
That is the reason why I decided to use only BIAB Realtracks on this particular release, although I could just as easily have recorded the guitar, keyboard and bass guitar parts myself to achieve a similar result.

My music tends to cover several different genres and I have previously released original tracks featuring just a single live instrument (ie. solo acoustic fingerstyle guitar or piano).
What I am saying is that I would never be content with just relying on BIAB Realtracks in all of my music making, but there are occasions when I feel that it helps me to achieve the result that I'm aiming for, and it is simply more convenient and time saving.

Last edited by Andyman; 09/09/19 02:35 AM.