Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I thought about your question some more. Both Band-in-a-Box and RealBand have an Audio Chord Wizard or ACW. Actually Band-in-a-Box 2019 has two Audio Chord Wizards with the new one built-in while the original is still an add on feature.

Both the ACW in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand can tempo map an audio track and then apply the tempo map to the chord sheet. RealTracks can then follow the tempo map as they are created. While the ACW in either program can create a tempo map the tempo map the RealBand ACW creates is much more accurate than the tempo map created in Band-in-a-Box.

Internally, Band-in-a-Box tempo map resolution is XXX.XX bpm while RealBand tempo map resolution is XXX.XXX bpm.

Pages 178 to 185 of the 2019 RealBand User manual has a wonderful explanation of the Audio Chord Wizard as well as how to use a tempo map.

Another 2019 RealBand feature you can use is "Align Music To Click Track". This feature attempts to align a track of music that was recorded in free time to a click track. Look at pages 220 to 227 in the RealBand User manual for an explanation of four different ways "align music to click track" can be used.

I've used the align music to click track feature and it is pretty easy to use. Once you designate an empty track as a click track you identify bars by pressing a key on the computer keyboard at the beginning of each bar while listening to playback of the guide track. You can also identify beats.

Huge thanks again Jim... although I'm not very familiar with RealBand, it may be exactly what I need to to accomplish my goal. I do have the latest version of RB, I have a click track, drums, Keys, guitars, Vocals, all recorded in CW at 72.3 bpm... I also have the whole arrangement laid out in Biab... now I just need to figure out how to use the tools in RB to make it all come together, with added RealTracks.