Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
"they will know better than anyone here where the 'gotchas'"

"they may figure out something way superior!"

I do not agree with these statements.

I also do NOT agree with these statements based on everything I have seen in every new version since 2012!

Quote:
So far: ergonomics, workflow, GUI design, scattered functions, deep menus... I would say between 8-12 years behind what they should be by now. DO THEY REALLY KNOW BETTER?

I would say they are much further behind than 8-12 years. They almost certainly have legacy code that is 20+ years old. The GUI feels quite dated and every time I have to dive deep into convoluted dialog windows I am reminded of Windows 3.1.

Quote:
I think this is exactly what is keeping progress in slow gear at PG. Where is a dose of healthy critique? Seems like PG is tight knit company and this is wonderful (really!), however they badly need someone who understands design and workflow ideas of 20 years deep into 21st century. Maybe even for a short gig to coach people at the wheel. There is so much art in the RT's/RD's + logical concepts of arranging, it would truly be a shame if company trips on design and half working features.

Their work on RealTracks and the overall ability of BIAB to generate backing tracks is nothing short of amazing! Brilliant! Like nothing ever done! But the dated GUI and the introduction of features that are not stable (like VST) or unpopular (like VideoTracks) or never fully finished (like UserTracks) are glaring deficiencies in this awesome product.

Quote:
To me, this bar-to-bar regeneration / bar freeze / section freeze and associated workflow are HUGE items in BIAB. That is what emotion is all about smile

P.S. Please do not get me wrong. I am not saying all this to reflect negativity. I am saying this because I care about the future of BIAB.

I agree wholeheartedly! Those of us who criticize BIAB do not do it to be negative. We do it because we ABSOLUTELY LOVE this product and want it to be as great as RealTracks are!

And on a side note, recently PGM has been deleting some of my posts. I assume this is because they are deemed to be too negative toward BIAB and PGM. So I expect my response here may be deleted as well. Oh well, tis a shame they cannot/will not see that we love BIAB and would love to see it going in a positive direction that would benefit PGM as well as us users!