Thanks for the reply.

I understand that some things are on the midi side and some things on the output side. However to a new user not everything in that vein is apparent.

For example in Kontact you have a bunch of drop-down menus that ask for specific parameters. Are those on the input side? Are they on the output side? None of that’s obvious just by looking at.

As far as pure audio is concerned, RB is recording and playing back fine. So I don’t think that would be the issue.

I did watch the introductory video about Midi and yes it was very informative. A lot of the commentary, necessarily had to do with the specific devices and applications the presenter was using. So while the education was informative, it is hard to transfer the information to completely different applications and devices.

I think a lot of the problem stems from the fact that there are duplicative items across the applications which makes it confusing. For example say you have a midi track that is labeled piano. If you open the parameters for that track you’ll see that the piano patch is selected. You will see that it is assigned to particular channel. Then if you look in Kontact you see that there are channel references there also. Obviously too there are patches listed there. So which parameters control by? The ones in real band ? The one in Kontact? Do you select a patch in real band? Do you select a patch in contact? Do you select the patches in both? Do the channels have to be designated in both applications?

Concluding, things may be very obvious when you are just using real band. But when you are using a program within a program it’s difficult to figure out whether one is controlling or whether both are controlling, whether both have to match etc.

Last edited by goofeyfoot; 04/03/20 05:04 AM.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core Processor. 3.79 GHZ; RAM = 32.00 GB; 64 Bit Operating System; Windows 10; Focusrite 8i18 External Card; Real Band; Band in a Box; Coyote Forte Wave Table; Oxygen 49 MIDI Controller