Okay I used BIAB in early versions to write 2 school musicals. Worked for me. As a classicist I entered notation for the midi parts, assigned instruments and then mixed the results. I was able to add chords and dynamics.
Move on to the 2020 version - and I'm out to lunch here. I downloaded the manual [even made cheat sheets]
1. When I called up previous midi sequence files I found that sometimes they didn't include all the instruments, were without dynamics and even changed tempo. Worse still the instruments weren't on their own staves. No matter what instrument I called up the music was all clumped together.
2. Tried to write melody and lyrics. No way could I get the bar lines out of the lyrics. No info about how to do it.
3. Setting key signature does nothing. It reverts to C no matter how many times saved.
I think this program has advanced too far for me. I use Musescore for notation needs and perhaps should move to its mixer section [although I don't feel it's as good as PGM.
I'm spending way too long trying to relearn this program and not writing music.
Is there a comprehensible manual? The video tutorials don't do the trick for me.
Contacting PGM receives no reply.