Welcome to the forum, aneighth.

I’m disappointed you are having this much trouble. I’ll start with your #1.

The single thing in BIAB that has changed the LEAST in decades is MIDI. Whatever your earlier version was, the MIDI files you created then should load and play correctly now. I would need some specific details to proceed further. Perhaps you could upload a file to Dropbox (get a free account) and post a link to it here, along with a description of what it is supposed to be.

About #3, the key signature makes a great difference when entering a melody, and it affects the program’s choices during playback. It should of course preserve any change you make. The only thing I can guess here is that you are working with an imported MIDI file and somehow the key signature is included. There is a way to edit that out.

Finally, it’s good you like MuseScore. This is still the only non-PG Music program that reads BIAB song files directly. In other words, you can open a BIAB MGU or SGU file.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors