'Mr.BobaLew'...

A while ago I watched a music video featuring Ivan Lins performing one of his airborne, rhythmically and melodically unexpected and exciting 'new' bossa nova compostions. After the set ended, his bassist gave him a compliment, which was that his experience of playing his electric bass lines around Mr. Lins' chord progressions was like playing amongst and within all the spectrums of light from the Sun, in that Lins played in and among all the spaces on a given scale, or mode, diatonic to chromatic, which gave him a special pleasure in performing with him. I mean, the bassist had this big, bright, almost child-like smile on his face as he said those wonderful things! I've never forgotten his words.

I thought the bassist's comment about Lins' style was incredibly imaginative, unique and generous, and just happened to describe perfectly the character of his music. I heard the same adventurousness in your composition, Ask Me Later. It has 'wings' and a sense of freedom that keeps a listener looking at the musical horizon ahead in anticipation of where they'll be taken, where they'll land when the journey's over. It's also got as cool and sensuous a sound/vibe as one could ask for, or expect, in a bossa nova.

Obviously (or not), I really dug this piece. You're a truly welcome musical voice on this User's Forum, in my humble opinion.

LOREN/'bluage'

Last edited by bluage; 04/16/20 10:42 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".