Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Send the BiabVst midi channels out to the instrument tracks.

Full Screen

Veteran
Veteran
Is this what I think it is?? grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
OK, I have looked closely at this. It appears what we are seeing is a way to permit the midi tracks in the BIAB VST within Reaper to use whatever sound-source is available rather than the Win10 GM player. To do this, the BIAB VST is first inserted on one of the Reaper tracks. Apparently, the midi tracks on the first page of the BIAB VST output to the standard BIAB midi default channels:

Track Channel
Bass 2
Piano 3
Melody 4
Thru 5
Guitar 6
Strings 7
Soloist 8
Drums 10

Next, it appears in Pipeline's clip that we just have to use Reaper routing to send the individual default midi channel from the Reaper track which has the BIAB VST on it, to a separate Reaper Track, which has a sound synth on it which then receives the midi channel. Could it really be that simple! Oh, then we have to mute the original BIAB VST tracks (I think).

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Yes once you have the midi you like you can then drag it out into it's instrument track and mute that track in the BIAB VST.

But I posted this info May 2019
Video: Playback Audio/MIDI Tracks from Plugin
maybe I didn't make it clear enough.
Now that others are using this they will soon find what all the fuss
is about solo/mute buttons, YOU NEED THEM !

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
But I posted this info May 2019

To my defense:

"Nothing is obvious to the uninformed" crazy

LiceCaps are nice for quick demos, but a video within someone explaining what you are seeing can only go so far.

And then we have the BIAB-VST ... this is not your typical VST plugin (Dah, I don't have to tell you that).

And finally, my midi routing chops are just above the novice level so this stuff is not fully clear to me at times. But I am getting it. thanks for being persistent! grin

Veteran
Veteran
Can't get it to work! No midi flowing from the BIAB VST SMT piano [channel 3 Track 1] to the 88Keys VST on [All, Track 2].

I route [midi chn 3 track 1] to [All on Track 2]. Then I arm track 2, but no midi coming in and no sound coming out. Oh well, one more strikout for the BIAB-VST.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Capture.JPG (27.53 KB, 96 downloads)

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Did you double click the piano track in the BIAB VST ?
it can be confusing as some users think yellow is solo color,
blue is sync play, green is mute and red is mute,
I thought green was go and red was stop but both green and red are stop, I got confused at the traffic lights the other day after using BIAB VST I pressed the brake twice with my left foot thinking the lights would turn blue and I could go I think I was just still a bit stressed out crazy
EDIT: in the pic I should of set the audio send to none.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Also try soloing the piano track in the BIAB VST and send All midi channels make sure it's not on another.

Veteran
Veteran
I have a single MST Piano with several RTs in the style. No matter what I do I cannot make the MST button/track turn BLUE. It just toggles red to yellow. I see your midi track turns blue. Maybe it doesn't work with SMTs? What are the chances?

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
notation .gif (101.61 KB, 85 downloads)

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Take the Master off of blue to green

Veteran
Veteran
Also try soloing the piano track in the BIAB VST and send All midi channels make sure it's not on another.

Don't know how to do that " try soloing the piano track in the BIAB VST " tried both yellow and red colors. No blue available.

I did try the ALL midi channel and no go. So it does work in your machine. I have the newest beta running. How about you?

Oh well, I don't really need this feature. Just thought if it worked I might find a use for it. Generally, that captures my entire thoughts on the BIAB Vst.

Veteran
Veteran
Take the Master off of blue to green

OK, Master Green (Green must be good)
MST Piano (Yellow)

And there you have it. It can be done. Thanks for your patience and persistence.

Dan

Oh and btw, when Master is green I can now turn the Midi track blue! And it plays through either yellow or blue. crazy

Last edited by MusicStudent; 04/25/20 12:28 PM.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
The number 1 priority should of been to get this interface working, make it industry standard, intuitive. Get away from Biab DOS thinking and get into professional DAW thinking.
I don't know what else I can do, in the beginning I asked ever so nicely, but over a year on crazy confused

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
Quote:
MST Piano (Yellow)

so that turns blue now ?

That's why as the tracks are generated they should be set to blue (except for master it will stay green)

Veteran
Veteran
Fully understood and appreciated. cry

Here is the good news. In the past if I pushed enough buttons enough times it would always crash before it played. Today, I pushed every button in every way to get to this routing to work. And it did not crash!! That's progress. crazy

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
MST Piano (Yellow)

so that turns blue now ?

That's why as the tracks are generated they should be set to blue (except for master it will stay green)

Blue appears to be Solo (or play since multple tracks can go blue)
Except the midi track it can't go blue unless every other track is green (which appears to be mute). Red is also mute.

OMG, these buttons are crazy... And to make it worse they appear to be single click, double click and right click activated in some manner beyond me.

P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I just tried turning the other tracks to blue but they won't turn blue unless the midi track is yellow
and the midi track won't turn blue unless the other tracks are green ! Man this is doing my head in !

BiabVST-Button-Madness.gif (232.77 KB, 55 downloads)
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P
I think you will just have to add another track with another instance of the BIAB VST, load the same song.SGU and generate only the Midi Super Tracks and send that to the piano track.

Veteran
Veteran
Red, Blue, Green, oh my! No wonder I am having such a hard time with this. I am partially color blind!

Its like you said "The number 1 priority should of been to get this interface working, make it industry standard, intuitive. Get away from Biab DOS thinking and get into professional DAW thinking." Or like I previously said "it is time for PGMusic to get into the 21st century".

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Blue is sync. Allows playing that track synced with the daw track (right click)

Red is mute. (left click)

Green/yellow is play yellow being midi

Clicking in the left track pane highlights the intended track basically “Solo”

Highlight the first track under master and hold Shift then hit last track highlights them all to play them all

Hold control allows picking individual tracks to highlight and play together to solo mire than one.

Also the + in each track has options to sync and mute that track

As pipeline mentioned you can play the midi by setting up an instrument track and inputting the plugin into it and placing an instrument in the track.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 04/27/20 11:40 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,927
Posts738,967
Members38,621
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
peppe311, Jean-Pascal, ruskate6, shredder11205, wesdean
38,621 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 157