Trapper you've said time and time again, you're not making money off this. That has NOTHING to do with it so just stop writing that. You are correct with your thinking the rights holder controls this, they do.

See the brand new thread with the person asking what to do because he just got a take down notice from YouTube. The point there is apparently you can get a take down notice just because the YT computer thinks it could be a violation and not only because the rights holder complained about it. That's what I thought all along but other people have been saying no, it doesn't work that way so now I'm confused too. Maybe the other poster didn't explain exactly what happened correctly, I don't know.

Understand what YT does is their thing, they're a private company and can do anything they want. It's not necessarily what copyright law says. That's the same thing here on PG's forums. PG decides how to handle the posting of covers and the last I heard they defer to YouTube. If it's up on YT then it's ok to post it here but not on the Songwriters forum. That forum is for originals only but if you want to post something in this thread it's ok as long as it's on YT.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.