I looked this information up on the copyright law in fair use: As far as I can see, there is no provision in Section 107 of the copyright law for Parody's.

Here is the information that I found.

107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use40

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.

By the way I do have that book that you are talking about, I just have not gotten round to reading it though. My music teacher is using BIAB to teach me music and he told me to post the result's so he can see what I am doing as far as chord structure;

I am learning the guitar and the piano and voice. and music theory at an older age so I can eventually get around to composing my own music.

Most of the time I am using YouTube also and YouTube has a provision like you said, were the artist of the songs can collect the revenue off of their song's; whenever I do post something they always tell me that the claimant's of the copyright claim will be collecting the ad revenue; I am not collecting anything for myself or my talent's.

We are all doing the same thing when it comes to posting a cover, or a Parody, it's all the same thing; except I am getting music lessons and my music teacher is keeping tabs on my progress. so, if a parody is allowed for criticism then educational purposes are also allowed

Last edited by trapper456; 05/05/20 09:31 AM. Reason: None

Music is an expression that is a universal language, Never criticize anybody to harshly. They need time to grow but when they do, they do. Always be kind in what you say and do because the man upstairs is watching.