Hello Rusty and Matt,

I did as Rusty just suggested - I installed the latest patch on the C drive (I had initially done so on the E drive, where the external drive is plugged into). It recognized the new patch and, after I rebuilt the styles, the new PAK9 and Loop 2 are there.

I have 4 shortcut icons on my desktop:

1. 32-bit "launches" from the C drive
2. 64-bit "launches" from the C drive
3. 32-bit "launches" from the E drive
4. 64-bit "launches" from the E drive

If I try option 3 or 4, I get the issue I originally posted.
If I try option 1 or 2, it now works, as I mentioned, with the new styles and latest patch visible (722) when I check the "Help...About Band in A Box" menu.

Within RealTracks and RealDrums, I see that my preferences are still pointing to the E: drive, so I presume I am getting the benefit of the audiophiles. I am not sure it matters if it the program is launching from C or E, does it?

And should I choose 64-bit over 32-bit? Maybe a topic for another time.

Thank you gents. With your help, I will happily be spending the rest of the weekend composing songs!

Tom.

PS: To answer your original question, Matt, I did at one point install it on my C drive, but with a subsequent version chose to run it off the E. Off the E drive was working fine until recently. I think you may be onto something, as was Rusty, in focusing on the C drive again.

Last edited by dunbar7376; 06/13/20 06:06 PM.

Tom Marvan
Dunbar7376
San Diego, CA

Band in A Box Audiophile 2023

MSI GE66 10SFS 15.6" Laptop (Model GE66048)
Intel Core i7 10th Gen i7-10750H 2.6ghz
32GB DDR4 RAM 2666mhz
8GB GDDR6 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
1920 x 1080 Full HD LED
1TB NVMe SSD PCIe