I used to complain about the lack of consistency with "power whatever you want to call its", especially in the MIDI realm, but never got satisfactory results. If BIAB used C5 to indicate such a a construct, then why does the MIDI engine still often play the 3rd (and my experience is that it's always the major, not minor, 3rd). So what is a C5 chord then? Apparently just another name for a C chord. I stopped complaining after several yearly version releases with no resolution.

I have a lot of songs that show the chord as,for example, C(no3). I don't understand why this isn't fully supported,especially in MIDI, where the processing engine clearly generates all the notes for the chord and should know which note is the 3rd of a chord. The engine certainly knows how to add and flat 9ths, or change the 5th to sharp (Caug). 3rds seem to be a problem, in that a sus2 (different from add9, but which BIAB calls a C2 chord), isn't properly supported either, because in a sus chord the 4 (for sus or sus4) or 2 (for sus2) replaces the 3rd.

Granted, I haven't looked closely at this in awhile, but the comments on this thread seem to indicate that it behaves the same way it used to and what I previously experienced.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com