Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Hi Limestone - I don't have a midi keyboard so playing it in is out of the question.
Hi Mario - Quite do-able. There are 8 chords in the whole thing so maybe using piano roll is a way out. I HAVE found that the riff is payable on a guitar so if that fails, I may change the arrangement and use my Strat to give me the "piano" track.
Ian

I listened to the song you linked to and that opening riff "raking" is solo'd at the beginning so I was able to "Sample" that riff, determine the key of the song to be D
and the tempo 130 bpm. I placed the rake riff at the beginning of the song prior to bar one and then into several more bars where there were stops.

I analyzed the song with the ACW and populated the Chord Chart and the selected a Rhumba MIDI Style from the StylePicker and had a 'just for fun' moment and also isolated the vocal track and created an almost acceptable cover. I also mixed the audio sample riff and the MIDI Piano track into a single stereo track so the SGU plays the vocals and piano as frozen tracks that do not have to be generated.

I've attached some screen shots and also uploaded a low resolution mp3 educational demonstration to my SoundCloud account that's set to Private and can PM you a link if you or others are interested. NOTE: SC Demo is for educational purposes only

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
SGU Screen Shot.JPG (264.7 KB, 88 downloads)
Mixer Plug In's.JPG (83.46 KB, 86 downloads)
SGU Screen Shot showing the APT Tracks
Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 06/28/20 01:13 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.