Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Sounds good to me, Mario! Nice new age type piece.

I'm having no problems hearing the changes here.

Nice tone on the guitar!

Thanx so much Dave. I really like this HB guitar.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Mario,

I read the comment about your chordprogressions, well I can hear your progressions. I find your melody very nice and I liked the dramatic move in it towards the end. But if you could distinguish your instruments a bit more that would work out better. I don't mean just adding more volume, but panning the instruments (wider)and add volume to some of them. Makes the mix brighter.

But Mario, who cares? You had your fun making this song and we by listening to it!

Stay safe,
Hans

Thanx Hans for those suggestions. I'm sure they will make my songs sound better.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

You are the New-Age King of the forum.

I like the "density" of the background. I did think the guitar could have been just VERY slightly louder - which seemed to happen around the 2:10 mark...then it seemed to drop a bit again. (It might be just an EQ thing - a little more high end might be the ticket. Guessing, here)

A beautiful piece. I enjoyed the listen.

fj

Thanx Floyd for that suggestion. I will give it a try.

I'm not sure about that New-Age King statement, but I'll take it grin

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool score type thing!! You are the master of the film score music!! Enjoyed A LOT!!! Take care. Greg

Thanx so much Greg. I'm not sure that I am a master of the film score music but I do like to write in that genre.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Mario ...

yep ... new Age film scoring! As Floyd said,in so many words, you own this genre! what a soothing listen! You always do great work, my friend!

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan

Thanx so much Alan for this kind review.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rayc
This is cool...reminds me of a lull section in a hooror movie where things are then suddenly interrupted by a gore fest. Lovely playing Mario. Angels sing.

I never thought about this song in that perspective but you are right.

Thanx for listening and commenting.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Mario,
Mysterious and fun. Could be very well used as a background for a modern day narration of Thousand and One Nights. Nice guitar playing and FX!
Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanx so much Misha for listening and these very nice comments.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Your productions always bring me a new appreciation for MIDI based songs. Relaxing and uplifting tune.

Thanx Charlie. Some people look down on MIDI while I look up at it. I much prefer working in MIDI than in Audio, but that is just me. Others are experts at working with RTs.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Mario
A soothing relaxing piece. Nice work on the backing tracks.

Peter

Thanx so much Peter.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
So creative...love your approach to experimenting, etc. You get to places I would never think of going! Really makes me appreciate human inventiveness!
Thanks for stretching BIAB out like this!

Using BiaB makes it easy to experiment and work out of your comfort zone. Just try it and after a short while you will be more comfortable working in different genres and with experimenting.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
A nicely layered soundscape, Mario.Beautiful guitar tone and the kind of string arrangement I wish I had the skills to achieve!
Very enjoyable inner movie music.

Robert

Thanx Robert for listening and commenting. BiaB does have some very nice MIDI string tracks and it doesn't take much, if any, changes improve them. You might want to give it a try.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Sounds good. Ambient. Nice electric guitar playing.

Thanx so much.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
A very interesting relaxing, yet cerebral ride. I like the way it rocks back and forth between major and minor tonalities, sometimes from the same same root chord. At least that's the way I'm parsing it as a beginner. And lands on an "up" feel. I wasn't all that crazy about the cello in my right ear on the phones. Probably not an issue on monitors/speakers. It might have been better had the strings taken the full spread and the cello shared closer to the middle...but maybe the very oddness of the piece begged for such a placement. I very much enjoyed the time listening.

Thanx for listening and commenting. I will have to take a look at the cello. I place my strings in most of my compositions based on where they are in an orchestra based on the audiences view. Thus the double basses and cellos are on the far right. But maybe I have a volume issue, I will check.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Andyman
Nice work Mario. You have a distinctive style all of your own.
That TR5 tape echo on your guitar gives an ethereal sound to the piece.
This music would be perfect for a dream sequence in a movie.

Thanx for listening and commenting Andyman. I really like that TR5 tape echo. It is one of the best IMHO.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi MarioD,

This is a very melodramatic sounding piece.
You've done a really good job on it.
I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a movie director, but I can actually hear this as the intro or ending of a sad movie...

Or it could be played as an emphasis on a sad scene.

It's kind of sad, yet soothing. Thanks for posting.

Thanx Bawb for these very nice comments. I appreciated them.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Moody, mysterious and mesmerizing...

Something we think the film libraries would
like to have in their repertoire.

We always like the backstories on how you put these
productions together.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
A very interesting relaxing, yet cerebral ride. I like the way it rocks back and forth between major and minor tonalities, sometimes from the same same root chord. At least that's the way I'm parsing it as a beginner. And lands on an "up" feel. I wasn't all that crazy about the cello in my right ear on the phones. Probably not an issue on monitors/speakers. It might have been better had the strings taken the full spread and the cello shared closer to the middle...but maybe the very oddness of the piece begged for such a placement. I very much enjoyed the time listening.

Thanx for listening and commenting. I will have to take a look at the cello. I place my strings in most of my compositions based on where they are in an orchestra based on the audiences view. Thus the double basses and cellos are on the far right. But maybe I have a volume issue, I will check.

No worries. That explains it. Carry on.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool! It reminded me of background music from Escape from Monkey Island, which is a good thing. smile

Raum reverb is one awesome verb.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Moody, mysterious and mesmerizing...

Something we think the film libraries would
like to have in their repertoire.

We always like the backstories on how you put these
productions together.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

I'm glad that you liked this.

User Showcase
MarioD Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Cool! It reminded me of background music from Escape from Monkey Island, which is a good thing. smile

Raum reverb is one awesome verb.

Thanx so much.

Yes Raum is one awesome reverb.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,975
Posts740,014
Members38,651
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
EnzoJames, BIAB4Me, Al TH 02, Raenil, woraroru
38,650 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)