Well, Rene this isn't a PG Music problem. You're the first I've heard in 15 years on this forum that somebody wants to render Biab tracks from a network drive.

My suggestion is to keep everything on your local drive or a local external like the PG hard drive or one of your own, keep the files on your local system and then set up auto backups after the fact.

Read the install instructions when you first install everything. Three choices. One, install everything including all the RT/RD files on your C drive, two, install Biab/RB programs only on the C drive but access the RT/RD's from the external drive or three, don't install anything but the small font file and run everything from the external drive.

I've run speed tests and don't notice any difference at all between those three. I would have thought it would be faster to use option one, install everything onto the system drive but when I tested generaton times they were so close that any difference was trivial. Since I have a 256 gig system SSD I use option two because the programs themselves only take a few gigs of space.

There are no references anywhere that I know of that there is a fourth option, run from a network. It's only when people do stuff that is not documented anywhere that they run into issues.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.