Thanks Ed! Glad you liked it!

There's usually a proverb: if many people tell you you're drunk, then go to sleep. Similarly, many have told me here about the pacing. But: I'm going to mount a defence of it anyway, haha ... on the following grounds:

In the play, when the sonnet takes place, Romeo meets Juliet whilst dancing. So, I thought I would write a jazz in 12/8 (i.e. in 4 units of 3), so as to simulate such a dance. The music is supposed to run in the background, as it were, whilst he dances with her and whispers these words in her ear. If the lyrics and the music went any faster, I fear the "seduction spell" may be broken. I'm not interested in whether the listener actually follows the words here ... I AM interested in "casting an (unbroken) spell". The dance is what matters, not the words - for me at least, here.

So ... I think I'll keep it like this for now, all in all ... and PLEASE feel free to throw virtual tomatoes at me! haha :-) I just fear that speeding it up may ruin the spell, the atmosphere described above, even if the words may become more intelligible and the ear of the listener more engaged. BUT: having said this, again, PLEASE feel free to tell me I'm wrong and what I could do to make things work anyway! I wish I could find a solution that would work in every aspect, so - if you feel you have one, please tell me :-) At the moment, though, I can't think of anything else but to speed it up a little ... and, on its own, I'm not sure it's the right solution. I may be wrong :-)