Here are a couple BIAB 101 items.

RT's are audio (wav or compressed audio formats) files. The are comprised of snippets of anywhere from 1 to 4 bars, which were recorded by the artist in the form of rhythms or lead lines, when presented with a single chord or chord sequence. They are intended to accompany the chord. They know nothing about midi. The magic is there are a lot of these recordings and BIAB cuts and slices the audio to follow any chord chart that is provided. The Chord Chart is all they need and all they use.

BIAB, by default, will generate the whole slicing and dicing process every time you hit play in order to provide a different combination for output. There are ways to avoid this, but you need to understand that this can occur at any time on any of the 5 Basic tracks: Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings. This will not occur on the Melody, Soloist or Utility tracks.

And finally for lesson 1, this program has a huge learning curve due to the 25 years of development and inherent complexity. Personally, everything I have leaned about working with BIAB was from the good folks here in the forum who have travelled this path before me.

Last edited by MusicStudent; 02/18/21 05:27 AM.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper