At any one time we are running multi-terrabyte backups to a minimum of 6 separate incremental disks and separately the same number of imaged disks.

At least three of each of them are always stored off site, all in different locations, and all continually updated - with the offsite copies both verified and rotated.

As a programmer and developer with software that has involved more years than I wish to mention, and several millions of lines of code, I can't start again.

Years ago, a friend placed all of the photos of her baby on her computer hard drive - from the time he was born until he was about two years old. 'All the eggs in one basket'. The hard drive had a head-crash and the platters were destroyed and unrecoverable.

Whatever you do, backup, you need to. My motto: 'Be prepared - everyone will have a turn'

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones