David,
You just drag audio to you DAW from VST... and it will line up very nicely. Use freehand or snap grid to do whatever you want with it. And it will "feel" and "look" much better than RB. String & anchors for volume / fx faders and gazillion of other DAW specific features that just work much, much better and more intuitively especially with VST loaded 30+ track projects.

I think the issue is, you do not realize how fast DAWS evolving compared to RB. If PGmusic had a small army of coders, like Big Boys, I would scream hard to bring it up to current standards. But crew is small and it seems not easy keeping checks on stuff that badly needs to be done. There are plenty of DAW alternatives, but none to BIAB and VST, I rather see team to give more love to the later two.

PS. I am not saying "TAKE RB AWAY FROM DAVID!". There is nothing wrong with keeping RB "alive" for those who need it, I just do not see the point of comparing "advantages" to "competitors" and using resources to aggressively develop it.

quote:
"I would love to see a show of hands of people who have acquired a version of Band in a Box in the last 10 years"

That is one strange statement... 10 years is a lot of years when it comes to software. For example, Cakewalk (after Bandlab bought it) put more effort in last 2 years, than it was done through most of time of Gibson ownership.

Since you like to type in Caps, I will echo your style.

DAVID HAVE YOU HEARD OF UTILITY TRACKS IN BIAB? WHILE THEY ARE NOT PERFECT AT ALL AT THIS STAGE, THEY GIVE FOLKS ADDITIONAL SIXTEEN(!) TRACKS FOR RT'S ON THE TOP OF LEGACY TRACKS. TAKING INTO ACCOUNT OF WHAT OFFICIAL PG TEAMSTER SAID, THEY WILL GAIN MORE RT FUNCTIONS, AND I SINCERELY HOPE THAT SANTA WILL BRING AT LEAST SOME OF THAT GOODNESS TOWARDS THE END OF THIS YEAR smile