Thanks, everyone.

I fully realize this discussion appears to affect very few, but I think it has some broader implications.

I posted in the User Tracks Forum a few years ago, asking for a template with the more complex chords I need for my Brazilian jazz compositions. The question was never answered.

BIAB should be able to be programmed to play in MIDI any chord imaginable. The problem arises with RealTracks, as Brille mentioned.

Of course, even with MIDI, some common chords are supported only by equivalencies. For example, an add2 and add9 are treated as a 2 chord. This is not right, but it gets by.

In the case of the chords I mentioned, I could create shortcuts for the first two, so at least I could type them and get something reasonable. The third example, though, just doesn’t give me a workable solution.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors