Go To
#680349 10/31/21 01:03 PM
User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
SONG TITLE : "CIRCLES//STOP WASTING MY LIFE"....
ARTIST : moi..ALF-L..(a lad from london (c) 2018)
***BEFORE PLAYING THE SONG PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING.****

1. due to the variety of playback systems out there. watch your levels till comfortable with song....
NOTE> THE SONG STARTS OFF SOFT BUT GETS VERY LOUD<
2. feel free to critique the song. please use good earbuds. apologies if the listener hates the song.
3. like all my songs , i used the biab/rb/reaper combo to create this one.
(ive done about 90 original songs useing this combo over many years.)
4. people have asked me for more production details in past songs ive posted.
let me explain why i'm unable to do that, much as i like to share info.....
awhile back i had very serious surgery i wont bore people with, which i came through thankfully.
(i'm fit as a fiddle now and hope to stay that way.)
as a result (due to this darn world covid situation) my doctors want to protect me /the surgery success and have me isolate wiith just my my wife. ...and limit any interraction with other people which might impact me. but all my darn song production details are backed up in other locations, which i cant get to right now. i only have final song stereo mixes here. so please understand.
5. i like to sing in many different vocal styles. this is just one of them.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE SONG>>>>>
https://soundcloud.com/user-302791555/circlescalf-l2018

SONG DETAILS.
1. the idea for the song came from someone i once worked with, who often commented his girlfriend was "running him round in circles".
2. the song typifies my fondness for song dynamics. gradually building to a crescendo, and then tailing off to the coda in lower intensity. i like the arrangement. hopefully others do also.
3. the song starts off with an old song production trick...a lonely guitar.
and a few "grunts" from yours truly..lol which i like.
4, V1 lyrics.
i'm running round in circles baby after you, running round in circles and i dont know what to do.
its fierce how you treat me,..and fierce your so bad. (some guys like a bad girl lol.)
i'm running round in circles and its makeing me sad.
your always on that celphone texting some other man, ...yeah
or telling all your friends what an ugly man i am.
5. 1min36secs.a LOUD Heavy band slams in.
6. 1min58secs. V2/HIGH EMOTIONAL MALE VOCS.
its fierce how you treat me, i know i'm wasting my time.
so go to that other man, and stop wasting my life.
7. 2min21secs. soft Interlude/power chords.
8. 2min40secs.moi spoken.."OK LETS ROCK IT BOYS"...lmao...moi haveing fun.
9. 2min43secs. CRAZY LEAD BREAK.(i love those bends lol)
10. 3min5secs. V3/HIGH EMOTIONAL MALE VOCS AGAIN.
same lyrics as v2....plus oohh oohh repeated with power chords.
11.3min52secs. akin to song intro.lonely guitar.
12. 4min2secs. ADDED EMOTIONAL HARMONICA.
13. 4min27secs. ADDED SPOKEN COMMENTS.
"she's running me ragged man"...."she just took everything man.."
14. well in the end the chap we worked with...he walked away, and found a new girlfriend who treated him extremely well..
feel free to critique the song. i hope people find it of interest, as well as the fact it reflects some true aspects of life for some people.

i would be particularly interested in hearing what folks
might feel about the lead break as well as the emotional high male vocals.

best/happiness to all.
ALF-L (a lad from london.)

ps if folks would like to post critique of my other songs
look at back pages in this pg user showcase and/or
follow the link of this circles song to my other songs on soundcloud.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 10/31/21 01:11 PM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is pretty cool.
Mind you I'm the sort of person that doesn't like to be told "This is a nice little groovy..." by the performer. I'm odd, I know...songs about rock n roll annoy me too UNLESS the riffage is so monstrously enormously good I can ignore the reference.
The announcement at 2.42 is, sort of similar. The band does rock though which saves things - I've heard a few announcements like that where there was no follow through.

The higher vocals work well.
The lead break is fine...it doesn't seem to "resolve" though. Seems it is cut short.
The different bands work well as launching points for each other.

That's A LOT of reading to do before beginning to listen.
P.S. no BIAB details.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello
Really good song
With the spoken intro I spontaneously thought of Gene Simmons (Domino from Kiss) ;-))))
Cool drum sound.
And the guitar solo is really great
Both thumbs up
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sounds great!

Good write, good "band", and I dig your vocal too.

Enjoyed!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great sound... Different and very well mixed. I liked your vocal here - very well done.

Much enjoyed!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
om,

Everything "works". Vocals are good.
Guitar solo works (though just a touch loud, I thought).
I like the return-to-simple at the end.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Caveat: We've never mixed or listened to Showcase songs via earbuds so comments are based
on KRK monitors and/or our living room system with a Yamaha sub. smile

Our monitors tell us this is a fine rocker with strong vocals and a very effective mix.
The drums sound particularly good. The builds and segues work well as do the
dynamics.

Without further parsing out ... well done and we enjoyed it!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Everything fit well.
Cools song!

Critique:
Some parts are too loud

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
justandoldmuso,

Really like what you’ve done here . . . that rock transformation at 1:35 is kick [*****]. Love how the drums pop; the music bed is mixed really well. Creative production touches throughout nice arrangement overall. The high notes at 2:05 and 2:15 (and later on) . . . I would suggest lowering the volume to make them slightly less harsh, and then also fade them a bit at the end of the note. I find this generally helps and smooths it out a bit when I’m going high or falsetto—may or may not work here, but something to try. Very cool tune!

All my best to you,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Loved the backtrack. Very cool mix. Another changeup in the vocal. Man you have some serious versatility in the vocal department. Loved this song. Drums were spot. Loved the snap of the snare. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Interesting, dynamic, clever, spirited.

This song has got just about everything.

I really liked the mix, lots of presence.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
just wanted to apologise to everyone for not responding earlier. its been a busy week of medical tests...blech lol...
and more today then i'm done.

i sincerely mean it when i say all your listens and feedback are greatly appreciated and mean a ton to me. and propels me to work even harder on songs.
so heartfelt thanks for takeing the time out from your own creative pursuits to listen to my songs.

as to this song 'circles'....one of the aims of the song was to show us men can hurt emotionally too.
tho' we are loathe to admit it sometimes...lol.

happiness to everyone.
best.
om

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Mo,

I enjoyed listening to your rocker.
You performed very well in it. Even a fairly high voice!
Nice how the harmonica came in, regrettably too late and too short.
But beside that; a cool song!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
justanoldmuso,

Love that intro! Cool laid back sound! Entertaining all the way through! When the full ensemble kicks in it's really a powerful sound! One of the best tunes posted here in the retro-rock genre IMHO!!
I dig your stuff man! Keep on rockin!!

Torrey

User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
thanks torrey and hans.
i rarely write songs bout relationships...
but this song came about because of someone i once worked with...and thus generated the song idea.

its a crazy world sometimes, and i sometimes like to write songs as an observer of what i see occurring around me.

yep torrey...you sussed me..lol..i love to rock out
...best
om

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You've definitely sung in a different voice on this. Vocal is very good.

Your song, like the your others, has a very theatrical quality to it. I can picture a stage production here.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
om, this is one great song. I liked the intro and your instrumentation, outstanding work. Your vocal was top notch as was the mix. Super dynamics!

This may be your best to date.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
mario and ezekiel.
thank you for your kind comments.
i really dig both your creative efforts...seriously.
best to you both.
om

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,934
Posts739,047
Members38,621
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
peppe311, Jean-Pascal, ruskate6, shredder11205, wesdean
38,621 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163