Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi J&B, Scott and Ray;

I heard this very nice song before on SoundCloud, loved and enjoyed it and now it's here as Janice, the video!!!
I can only repeat what I said before on the song; wonderful.
And for this video I can say that last word again.
A very good performance!
And I watched another one "Scat", also very impressing.
And "dear mama": Then I noticed Floyd and Peter played along. So, a lot of musicians in BiaB know eachother for a long time.
And I am probably the only (active) Dutchman around in BiaB...

It also reminded me on what kind of videos I need to make to come with my songs...sight... ;-)

Have a nice day,
Hans

We are glad you enjoyed the video Hans. Scat was a lot of fun and we will post it sometime. Yes we’ve know forum folks for a while and have collaborated with floyd 75 times over the last nine years. We have partnered with Peter on our projects for five years. They are great friends.

Thanks again for watching! I (Bud) am biased but I think my young 64 year old wife is looking good in the videos smile

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B, ray & scott...

Nice to hear this again.

Y'all are doing spectacular video work. Stunning scenery! Extraordinary camera work. Janice is, of course, excellent at "recreating" her performance...

I know these videos are a LOT of work. I sure hope you continue!!! Impressive stuff.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, you guys are really getting into video production these days!

Great song of course, and the video is the icing on the cake, very well done.

Thanks Dave. Old guy … new tricks that hopefully work. Glad you liked it.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful song.
Well performed by all.
Mixed perfectly.
Video is impressive, particularly as your first effort.

I've got my hands full trying to make music so, as much as I'd like to, I'm not ready to do video yet, although you've given me some inspiration.

The only critique I can offer is that it might be nice to see more close ups of Janice replacing some of the long shots.

Nice job by all.

moto

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
J&B (and Scott and Ray):

Lovely arrangement—very soulful tune. All the right touches on the production, accentuated again by terrific vocals and harmonies. Liked the video a lot—beautiful county you all are living in! Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

My best to you all,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I'm not sure which I like better, the song or the video! Ok, I guess it would have to be the song, simply because I can listen to it without the video. The video without the song would just feel strange. Not at all the points I was going for. The video and the song together are a blissful marriage. There. That says it better.

Seriously, I don't mean to heap more work on you, but what a great video. So...you should do more (said the guy who really dislikes video editing). What you have going is just too good not to. You are able to ADD something to the song that I feel too many videos miss. Too many times I feel the video distracts from the music. Yours was done in a way that elevated both.

Really GREAT job ALL the way around on this one! LOVE it!!!

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
J&B, Scott and Ray,

Everything here is excellent! I like the guitar/organ intro...it really sets the mood for the song! This video excursion you folks are taking us on lately is getting really good! Kind of makes me anticipate what you're thinking for 2022! Also, you can't go wrong with Ray's help on any project...I consider him the MVP of the forum. He's talented and always willing to help someone with excellent playing and/or advice. Janice's vocals can't be beat for any type of Country flavored tune....always flawless and that is meant in the most genuine sense! Take care, Torrey.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice, Bud, Ray & Scott,

This song and production is stunning in every aspect...

The video is really on another level. A beautiful backdrop coupled with a knock-out vocal by Janice really brings this home.

LOVED IT!

Bob

Thanks Bob! Let’s say this has been an interesting exercise for us. Keep the old wheels turning I reckon smile. We are happy you liked it and appreciate the support.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Haha. This comment is a funny statement about my time lately. I've played this song at least 10 times so far --11 now. Since I was here on the forum I dropped in here to see what i wrote about this when I first heard it. HAHAHa. Looks like I never told you all. First of all, y'all know that you four are some of my all-time favorite music makers. Putting you all in the same project can only be complete magic. Here's what I said when Scott first presented this masterpiece:

Oh, good God, there are so many amazing aspects to talk about here. Just on my 3rd listen now. Love this melody --so creative with so many influences to mention. Janice (well I say this all time) can make anything sound outstanding. So good and I love those harmonies and her decisions on where they should go. Very well constructed vocals. Ray is such a good bassist, playing what needs to be said on the low end while creatively dancing with the lyric, and I know he is so good at making everything click together. It doesn't get any better than Bud when it comes to studio work.

Scott, this is such a good song. So glad you dusted it off and assembled such a great team to help with the polishing.

You guys are the best.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I absolutely loved everything about this song when it was posted earlier. I enjoyed listening to it again.

Great videography. The mountains reminded me of hike I took the the Blue Ridge Mountains today on my day off.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
All involved,

Great song as previously noted, and a stunning "debut" video (it was produced before Hometown Refugee) by a rising
music video star!

A superb and enjoyable way to enhance the song and some lovely cinematic filming, scripting and editing by Bud.

Tons of talent on show!

Peter

Thanks Peter! It was a great song by Scott and Ray to start the vid journey on. We look forward to creating more now that we been a bit up the learning curve. And, as you know, we do have a new one smile

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Absolutely wonderful in so many ways.
The temptation in video is to become enchanted with the influx of production values and permit that medium to take over. That potential pitfall was skillfully avoided by careful selection and tasteful application of themes. Very nicely done!

Thanks Ed. You nailed what we were hoping to achieve with themes. It required a bit of a story board smile And as you alluded to we tried to keep it simple.

We appreciate it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I really like this song a lot, I know I'll be singing it through the rest of the day. Video was very good, excellent idea to avoid close-ups and not challenge the lip-syncing too much. Really liked the train track sequence. Guitar was great. Good work all the way around.

The lip syncing was initially a challenge but we use a very small bluetooth speaker that Janice can hear to sync with and my iphone video recording picks it up also. So we can match the wave forms of the recorded video with the primary audio track we are syncing to. That way Bud can blame any issues on Janice smile

Glad you liked it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
This emerald is a gem. Every facet (composition, lyrics, arrangement, performance and production) is polished to perfection.

Thank you. That is quite articulate and much appreciated.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Hearing Janice sing is ALWAYS a treat!! And, the rest of the band (in and out of the box) joined in beautifully!! Always love to see the forum collars!! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg.

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
The voice.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
This is an awesome video production. Could not showcase the song in a better. Very proud to have been apart of this project. Well done

Thanks for asking us to be a part of it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
J&B, ray & scott...

Nice to hear this again.

Y'all are doing spectacular video work. Stunning scenery! Extraordinary camera work. Janice is, of course, excellent at "recreating" her performance...

I know these videos are a LOT of work. I sure hope you continue!!! Impressive stuff.

fj

Thank you and thanks for your support over the last decade as we began new music adventures. We most appreciate thoughts and counsel on our video efforts.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Beautiful song.
Well performed by all.
Mixed perfectly.
Video is impressive, particularly as your first effort.

I've got my hands full trying to make music so, as much as I'd like to, I'm not ready to do video yet, although you've given me some inspiration.

The only critique I can offer is that it might be nice to see more close ups of Janice replacing some of the long shots.

Nice job by all.

moto

Thanks moto. It is time consuming but we spend relatively little time making music and the videos we’ve done so far are shot outdoors - and that fits with our love of hiking and mountain biking. Regarding the closeups we are limited by my insistence on using nothing but my iPhone and no tripod. But our next video does have some “sort of” closeups. We appreciate you watching and commenting!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Deej56
J&B (and Scott and Ray):

Lovely arrangement—very soulful tune. All the right touches on the production, accentuated again by terrific vocals and harmonies. Liked the video a lot—beautiful county you all are living in! Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

My best to you all,

Deej

Thanks lot Deej. We do enjoy our country side and we discover many opportunities for photos on our mountain bike rides on very isolated dirt roads. Glad you liked the clips and the song!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
B&J,
wonderful continuation of the project. Nicely composed video. Some beautiful places you shown. B&J getting good at videos! I know how time consuming and tricky it can get. Congrats to whole team and thank you for sharing.

Misha,

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I'm not sure which I like better, the song or the video! Ok, I guess it would have to be the song, simply because I can listen to it without the video. The video without the song would just feel strange. Not at all the points I was going for. The video and the song together are a blissful marriage. There. That says it better.

Seriously, I don't mean to heap more work on you, but what a great video. So...you should do more (said the guy who really dislikes video editing). What you have going is just too good not to. You are able to ADD something to the song that I feel too many videos miss. Too many times I feel the video distracts from the music. Yours was done in a way that elevated both.

You mentioned what we had so much hoped to achieve by not distracting from but adding a bit to the tune. Thank you so much for noting that and ALL your support over the years!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

Did I leave you speechless? grin

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,907
Posts738,716
Members38,614
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic, smokeybirdsept2679
38,614 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 153