Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
Welcome to the forums the-watosh! Windows 10 was released in 2015, so the 2009 version of Band-in-a-Box/RealBand was not made for this operating system in mind. It is possible that you could experience some compatibility issues. You could try running RealBand as an Administrator and see if that helps. However, we recommend upgrading to the latest version.

If you have any questions about your purchase options, you can contact us directly by either live chat or emailing sales@pgmusic.com.
I tried a different computer (laptop) with Windows 7 that has Realband 2010 installed. When I tried loading a BIAB sample .mgu file that came with BIAB 10 the exact same thing occurred as when I was using my desktop computer with Win 10. Realband froze and a CPU percent display in the upper right screen was at 99% indefinitely.

Each computer has different sound cards. The laptop is using the realtek and my desktop is using Soundblaster Audigy FX.

Each has been working fine with .seq files but they both choke and die when trying to load .mgu files.

Perhaps there is a setting in the options that needs to be checked to load and play BIAB files???