Originally Posted By: bluage
Hello, 'firesong'...

Concerning the quotation that appears on your 'signature' page:

"You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe." I agree, with only one exception. Are those your own words?

Regardless, your song, 'My Psalm', is a balm to the heart and blessing on the ears. It radiates a sense of security and serenity. Your voice combined with those of the men who perform the harmony creates a soothing, reassuring sound that could make a body glad that he/she has a contemplative soul to perceive and enjoy the 'message' in your lyrics.

bluage...thanks for your gracious comments...you summed up what I hope this song will always convey...I sang with these men for over twenty years and Gene for more than forty years.

Regarding the quote, it is not my words...I heard a Greek professor from Asbury Theological Seminary say this about 38 years ago and I started writing it down on the inside cover of my Bibles ever since...it has become the philosophy of my life...I have contemplated it for almost 40 years and believe it is unequivocally true...we are defined by what we do, but what we do is initiated by what we believe therefor we are ultimately defined by what we believe...just as the scripture teaches...that is my philosophy albeit not everyone's.

What is the exception?

Last edited by firesong; 01/06/22 10:24 AM.

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.