Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Veteran
Veteran
i think this video explains why BIAB midi is not exactly quantized. at least it does if the way BIAB styles are created hasn't changed. drums are entered on a grid but at about 12.48 on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28IjWyLQBgM

you'll see that BIAB midi style parts are played in on a midi keyboard when a style is created. they are not 'humanised' - they are played by a human so naturally 'humanised'. hence they might not exactly quantise as midi parts.

this was a trip down memory lane as i learnt BIAB from floppy discs. do you think i'm right?

Last edited by Bob Calver; 04/07/22 11:39 AM.
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Bob, I do agree, and that's why I mentioned the stylemaker.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Leo, unless I've misunderstood, the Gigabyte GTX 560 is a graphics card. Does that mean you do not have a separate sound interface? Regardless of the topic of this thread, you might want to consider that as an area for possible improvement: something like a Focusrite or Presonus unit. I have also read that the MIDI timing of a built-in soundcard can be poor, although I don't that that's what we are seeing here.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
L
LeoK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
L
My mistake. I was a bit tired. I have a M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card.

For me, the problem is clear now. Melodist creates humanized tracks and it is not an error. Maybe I shouldn't make a big deal about that. RealTracks and Super tracks have the same, because they are played by humans.

Same for downloading other midi files to my daw. Some are humanized and some are quantized. And not an error in my daw or in a midi file.

Exporting chords from Biab was a different problem. Dan explained this (page 1). Default chord export is 40 ticks early. When I import chords with 40 ticks early, the import results are all 40 ticks early. So This causes a problem if I do not correct this. But this was also not a fault in Biab, but a setting I didn't know.

So I am very happy with the results here and I can move on.

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Leo,

If the problem is with MIDI melody that you have entered, then read on. If not, then there is no point reading this post.

In Notation Mode, if you click on "Opt", you will be taken to a set of preferences that affect melodies entered using Notation Mode. In the middle column, you'll see a setting called "Tick Offset". By default BIAB has this set and it changes automatically depending on what style is chosen. This setting causes all melody notes that are entered to be time-shifted by whatever value is shown.

I always disable this. If you have a look at my image below, numbers 3, 4, 5 show my settings. These are the disabled settings.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
tick offset.JPG (90.91 KB, 93 downloads)

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
L
LeoK Offline OP
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
L
The problem is with midi, but in PianoRoll, not in Notation. Notes are humanized and this is visible in PianoRoll only. But thanks for the info. Filled in a part of Biab that was unknown for me.

Veteran
Veteran
Leo,

I haven't read through all the above posts because I don't have time to spare at the moment. As a consequence, I apologize if you've already answered these questions.

Just to clarify...

Is the MIDI that you are saving from styles using Realtracks or styles using MIDI?

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
LEOK.
out of curiosity do you have the same problem in realband ? just an idea. run a trak test maybe.

best
om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hi Noel. It is MIDI, but the key is that his melody originates in The Melodist, which he has discovered does intentionally introduce some human-feel playing apart from the drums. So his problem is explained and basically resolved.

The thread raised lots of questions, but if the answer is very specifically just about The Melodist, then he's OK. My concern is that someone might draw incorrect conclusions about general MIDI use from the thread.

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks, Matt.

I needn't try and solve any problem then. There are MIDI quantize facilities available on the different tracks under "Edit MIDI". To get these to work for Realtracks saved as MIDI, I'm guessing that after the MIDI file has been created, it would be necessary to load that MIDI file into BIAB and then run the quantize process.

Thanks again for bringing me up to date.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,967
Posts739,983
Members38,650
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
BIAB4Me, Al TH 02, Raenil, woraroru, JazzMan01
38,649 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)