Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hans and Anne-Marie...beautiful song...it has a lovely melody and the vocals are very well done...though I do not understand the words in Dutch I enjoyed it so much...I learned in the last few years that my family came from Leiden, Holland to America in 1621 and so has it's roots in the Netherlands and I was intrigued to hear a song in the native tongue of my ancestors...the instrumentation you selected in quite lovely and so well arranged, mixed and produced...thanks for posting this...Zo ontzettend fijn om naar te luisteren.

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans & Anne-Marie,

A nice collaboration.
Very nice narrative vocal.
The back band perfectly fits this tune.
Is it because of Dutch words that I feel so much Europe in this tune?
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
HI Josie, Dave, Derochette (JJJ) and Ray,

Thank you all for stopping by and practise your knowledge of the Dutch language. But I'm a bit worried; all of you said they didn't understand a word of it. While I spoke as slowly as I could and articulated as best as I could.
Now you understand why I rather sing in English, although my sister, living in Australia, thinks I better stay singing Dutch. Don't know why...

Originally Posted By: Sundance
I guess music is the universal language. Such a pretty melody and arrangement even though I didn't understand a word. And the mix, the vocal and the harmonies all sounded great to me.
Josie

Hi Josie, yes, I also think music is -in a way- universal, although there are some differences of opinion on this.
Thanks for your compliments. and the lyrics: about me, explaining my life in a nutshell. I thought, few are interested in long stories, so I kept them short, while they mean a lot.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very nice, Hans and Anne-Marie! Your voices blend very well together. Good song and mix also, Hans.

Hi Dave, did you let your wife listen to the lyrics? Did she understood something?
But thanks for your compliments, Dave.

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Birchwood,
Very sweet musical composition. Nice progression in crescendo. Everything is in its place including the choirs and the symphony orchestra. Very pleasant. I enjoyed it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hi Derochette and your alias, thanks for these nice words. I think Anne-Marie will now also have a big smile!

Originally Posted By: rayc

Hans gets naked in his native tongue.
FIRST - your voice, almost unprocessed, is GREAT.
2nd the lovely Bvox are a little too far back.
3rd the song is really good.
No idea of the topic but the sound of you singing your 1st language is the sound of comfortable, expressive unforced expression.

"...adventure books I loved to read. And I fantasized that I was there." - ran that through Bing and liked it.

Nice one.

Hi Ray, I had some difficulties with that 'getting naked' expression. In public I don't want to be naked...
But thanks a lot for your fine words, although it's a pity even you didn't understand a word of it. They are such well thought out lyrics and then you said that...

I haven't told Anne-Marie yet you think her vocals are to far to the back. I made her do this. I wanted her vocals to become louder in the second part of the song, which they did. Otherwise they could work out a bit distracting, was my believe.

And then you said something my sister, living in your country, also said. It felt a bit like, please keep singing in Dutch, that's better for all of us. Can you explain this to me?
But your Bing translation was very good. And it meant I liked to make my own world (or fantasize about that). It made me feel more safe. That was the main message, until the end. Then I (the person) met the spring where life arises and ends. There he met his end too.
Nice, don't you think?

I hope you all have a very pleasant day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hans,

This sounds beautiful. Even though I can't understand a word.

Having been in your country on holiday for an extended time when I was a rambunctious young man, there are so many jokes I can make about that--but I better not. Really. I might scolded.

smile

Sounds great man.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I know a great song when I hear one and even though I did not understand a single word I know this is a great song.

I agree with everything that has already been said

You both should be very proud of this one

Two thumbs up

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
Hans,

What a well done tune! The production is first rate, and Anne-Maries’s back up vocals add an unqualified richness. I might have liked that fiddle solo to move a little bit more up front—but just listening over the laptop, so it may be just fine. Regardless, it’s an impressive offerring—beautiful composition!

All my best to you,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Scott,

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Lovely song. Took me a second to make the Anne-Marie connection. Beautiful music is a universal language. Harmonies were awesome as well. Production, mix and mastering was perfect. Piano was a perfect choice to frame the vocal. Ukulele was cool add as well.

Thanks for your nice comment on the song! I thought Anne-Marie didn't need an introduction anymore, but I was wrong. Still you managed to figure it out. wink
But the ukelele you mentioned was in fact a mandolin. I told Anne-Marie she mixid it wrong... No I did not, because the mixing was very good.

Nice day, Scott,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello Firesong, Shigeki and David,

Thanks all of you for your so nice words about this song. This morning I discussed singing in Dutch with my eldest son. He told me mostly people think it's some kind of sound one makes when he's freezingly cold. But than I told him about your reactions (in the forum). Most of you wrote you liked listening to this language although you don't understand a word.
He had to digest that and maybe now will think Dutch is THE language to sing in! To underline that I also told him I recently asked our Australian Ray to help me make a Dutch song. He replied that he was looking forward to that project.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Hans and Anne-Marie...beautiful song...it has a lovely melody and the vocals are very well done...though I do not understand the words in Dutch I enjoyed it so much...I learned in the last few years that my family came from Leiden, Holland to America in 1621 and so has it's roots in the Netherlands and I was intrigued to hear a song in the native tongue of my ancestors...the instrumentation you selected in quite lovely and so well arranged, mixed and produced...thanks for posting this...Zo ontzettend fijn om naar te luisteren.

Hi Firesong, you just underlined what I said to my son. Thanks for that! You mentioned Leiden and 1621. I'm pretty sure your family fled England in 1609. They were called the Pilgrims and were hunted by the English. They lived in Leiden. And in 1620 a ship, the Mayflower, sailed them to America. The difference of one year (1620 / 1621) in your story, is so close that I think it this story. So now you can say your ancestors were pilgrims!

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hans & Anne-Marie,

A nice collaboration.
Very nice narrative vocal.
The back band perfectly fits this tune.
Is it because of Dutch words that I feel so much Europe in this tune?
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki, you wrote so nice words! And yes about Dutch and Europe. Some called it 'underwater spoken German', but in Danish and other Skandinavian countries you can hear some Dutch too. But there are great influences from Spain and France too. They had occupied us once.
Thanks for listening!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hans,
This sounds beautiful. Even though I can't understand a word.
Having been in your country on holiday for an extended time when I was a rambunctious young man, there are so many jokes I can make about that--but I better not. Really. I might scolded.

smile

Sounds great man.

Hi David, I am a bit disapoined! Can you remember you were the first to post on a song from me in this forum (september 2016) and wrote one or two lines in Dutch? For a moment I thought you were Dutch! Because of your name. i even started replying in Dutch, but than skipped that quickly when I realized you were fooling me. Now I'm pretty sure you don't fool me again with your very nice post here. I became intrigued by your visit to us, the kind of man you were, the jokes you have on that, but I'm pretty sure you were in Amsterdam then...
And I'm sure too, if you tell that, you will be scolded. But that's normal overhere. We like being blunt smile

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"I got older, lost a lot of dreams
Because real life had really come
But I'm still a fan of adventure books
And I fantasize that I'm there"

You and Anne-Marie sound great together!

The write is outstanding Hans.
Very emotive.

It's a beautiful song and the arrangement and mix are excellent.
That piano is lovely indeed. Excellent choice of BiaB tracks.

Well done and we enjoyed it!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Anne-Marie and Hans
A great collaboration
The song is fantastic
Absolutely perfectly sung and played
It does not get better than this
Excellent work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Birchwood excellent!!! wonderful peace of music thanks Eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Mario, Deej, Janice and Bud, Andi and Eric,

Thanks for your nice comments! I realize that songs in a language other than English have to overcome a barrier.
The way you did that was beautiful to watch, each in its own way!
Some tell me what the sound of the words did to them, some looked at the translation of the Dutch lyrics, or just the song itself with the background vocals and the mix.
Let me tell you, it was not so easy to translate those lyrics. I think I didn't succeed in translating the feel and meaning of the story very well. You can't use Google very much on that. So sorry for that.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I know a great song when I hear one and even though I did not understand a single word I know this is a great song.
I agree with everything that has already been said
You both should be very proud of this one

Two thumbs up

Hi Mario, I would have been flabbergasted if you had understand it! But I'm exited with your thumbs on the song itself. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Hans,

What a well done tune! The production is first rate, and Anne-Maries’s back up vocals add an unqualified richness. I might have liked that fiddle solo to move a little bit more up front—but just listening over the laptop, so it may be just fine. Regardless, it’s an impressive offerring—beautiful composition!

All my best to you,

Deej

Hello Deej, at first, thanks for your reaction. Very nice! Secondly, the fiddle: I didn't want this 5 strings fiddle play a real solo. It has to play together with the piano, so that the sound of both instruments carried the song. That is of course a choice. It was the same with the bg-vocals. I liked to let them start softly and become louder after the solo/break. Also a choice...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"I got older, lost a lot of dreams
Because real life had really come
But I'm still a fan of adventure books
And I fantasize that I'm there"

You and Anne-Marie sound great together!

The write is outstanding Hans.
Very emotive.

It's a beautiful song and the arrangement and mix are excellent.
That piano is lovely indeed. Excellent choice of BiaB tracks.

Well done and we enjoyed it!

J&B

Hi Janice and Bud, the sentences you quoted, were really true, although of course in a broader context! I think it's me in a nutshell wink
And yes, I was/am very happy with Anne-Marie and what she did for this song! And you just underlined why...

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Anne-Marie and Hans
A great collaboration
The song is fantastic
Absolutely perfectly sung and played
It does not get better than this
Excellent work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Hey Andi, just back from a holiday and a corona illness and right away a very nice comment on this song. That's the spirit!!! Thanks!
But you are wrong on one thing; it will get better than this! In another song...

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Birchwood excellent!!! wonderful peace of music thanks Eric

Hi Eric, very nice of you. Thanks for your comment!

Have a very nice day, everyone,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,910
Posts738,751
Members38,615
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jim Gear, gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic
38,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 153