Hey Mario, Deej, Janice and Bud, Andi and Eric,

Thanks for your nice comments! I realize that songs in a language other than English have to overcome a barrier.
The way you did that was beautiful to watch, each in its own way!
Some tell me what the sound of the words did to them, some looked at the translation of the Dutch lyrics, or just the song itself with the background vocals and the mix.
Let me tell you, it was not so easy to translate those lyrics. I think I didn't succeed in translating the feel and meaning of the story very well. You can't use Google very much on that. So sorry for that.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I know a great song when I hear one and even though I did not understand a single word I know this is a great song.
I agree with everything that has already been said
You both should be very proud of this one

Two thumbs up

Hi Mario, I would have been flabbergasted if you had understand it! But I'm exited with your thumbs on the song itself. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Hans,

What a well done tune! The production is first rate, and Anne-Maries’s back up vocals add an unqualified richness. I might have liked that fiddle solo to move a little bit more up front—but just listening over the laptop, so it may be just fine. Regardless, it’s an impressive offerring—beautiful composition!

All my best to you,

Deej

Hello Deej, at first, thanks for your reaction. Very nice! Secondly, the fiddle: I didn't want this 5 strings fiddle play a real solo. It has to play together with the piano, so that the sound of both instruments carried the song. That is of course a choice. It was the same with the bg-vocals. I liked to let them start softly and become louder after the solo/break. Also a choice...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"I got older, lost a lot of dreams
Because real life had really come
But I'm still a fan of adventure books
And I fantasize that I'm there"

You and Anne-Marie sound great together!

The write is outstanding Hans.
Very emotive.

It's a beautiful song and the arrangement and mix are excellent.
That piano is lovely indeed. Excellent choice of BiaB tracks.

Well done and we enjoyed it!

J&B

Hi Janice and Bud, the sentences you quoted, were really true, although of course in a broader context! I think it's me in a nutshell wink
And yes, I was/am very happy with Anne-Marie and what she did for this song! And you just underlined why...

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Anne-Marie and Hans
A great collaboration
The song is fantastic
Absolutely perfectly sung and played
It does not get better than this
Excellent work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Hey Andi, just back from a holiday and a corona illness and right away a very nice comment on this song. That's the spirit!!! Thanks!
But you are wrong on one thing; it will get better than this! In another song...

Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi Birchwood excellent!!! wonderful peace of music thanks Eric

Hi Eric, very nice of you. Thanks for your comment!

Have a very nice day, everyone,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130