Go To
#717997 05/26/22 06:21 AM
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
I know it has been a while since I have been on the forum. Life doesn't always flow smoothly and time was needed for family. Here is a piece I just finished. The backup group is all BiaB. The Clarinet melody and harmony parts were played by me. Enjoy this quiet piece of reflection on life.

Believe in Life

The style I used is: _PIANOLN.SYT Piano Lane Viseral Pop Ballad. I also used backup vocals 3552:Multi[Thickened=5] Vocal Oohs-Aahs

RichR
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Rich...very nice arrangement and melody...it's not often we get non-guitar instrumentals so hearing a clarinet instrumental is refreshing and unique...enjoyed the listen...best regards...Dan

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Love the clarinet to be sure!

Suggestion: IMHO, the clarinet is too far out in front of the mix. Possibly work on toning it back a bit to see if you can find a better balance.

User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
That is what I struggle with. Engineering the mix balances a lot of the parts. I have worked to get a balance then I find the mix going into the red and making digital distortion. I bring instruments down in the mix and they seem to get lost in the mix. I have another mix that improves on what you heard and if I get a chance, I will swap it out with this one that is already on Soundcloud.

Thanks for listening and I really appreciate the commments.

RichR
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
Thank you, there are days that I wish I were just a guitar player (especially when reeds are acting up). smile

I am happy you had a chance to listen to this piece.

RichR
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello Rich
nice melody
Played with clarinet it sounds good
I would reconsider the rhythm accompaniment, it doesn't fit your song that well in my opinion.
At 2:13 the best part of the song starts.
If you work on your song a bit more, I'm sure it will be very good.
Thanks for sharing
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
Thank you for listening and commenting, I will check your ideas about the rhythm accompaniment out.

RichR
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very, very nice, Rich. Man, that harmony is outstanding. So well written. Although I don't play any reeds --couldn't get passed the tickle-- a clarinet is what my heart sings when I listen to music. Not sure that makes sense, but... Wonderful backing group too. Nice use of BiaB vocals too. Such a pleasing mix.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
I am glad you enjoyed the listen Marty. Thank you for the comments.

RichR
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Rich, I agree with what's already been said. The clarinet might be a little too up front in the mix, but man it sure is smooth sounding and I sure like the harmony parts on it. Good, unique sound. The rhythm backing was different than what I expected, but I liked it and thought that unexpected touch made the total sound in entirety even better - just my 2 cents worth.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice played clarinet all through middle and high school years so she was excited to hear this song and we both enjoyed this very much.

Your tone is rich (no pun intended) and the backing band and vocals sound great to us.

We look forward to hearing more of your playing.

J&B

You can listen to our catalog on Apple Music or Spotify by searching on Janice Merritt
Our Videos are here on our website
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Lovely licorice stick playing, melody and harmony
I found the drums incongruous.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
rayc #718693 06/01/22 02:48 AM
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
rayc

Thanks for the comments. Others have also mentioned the drums as well. The RealTracks style that I chose used that particular style of RealDrums. I am not sure if maybe I just used the wrong style for the entire mix. I will experiment and see what happens.

RichR
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
J&B

Thanks for listening and commenting. I really appreciate the comments on my tone quality on clarinet. The four-part harmony was something I learned when playing with a group of four clarinets. The leader of that group was writing the harmonies for many of the jazz standards so that we could play at nursing homes and retirement centers in our area. That inspired me to start doing the same with my own musical creations. I am glad you enjoyed it.

RichR
User Showcase
R
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
R
Brad,

Thanks for commenting and listening. The point of making music is for it to be heard and enjoyed (appreciated). I am glad you enjoyed it and thank you for taking time to comment! smile

RichR
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Mac!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

Xtra Styles PAK 18 for Band-in-a-Box version 2024 is here with 200 brand new styles to take for a spin!

Along with 50 new styles each for the rock & pop, jazz, and country genres, we’ve put together a collection of styles using sounds from the SynthMaster plugin!

In this PAK you'll find: dubby reggae grooves, rootsy Americana, LA jazz pop, driving pop rock, mellow electronica, modern jazz fusion, spacey country ballads, Motown shuffles, energetic EDM, and plenty of synth heavy grooves! Xtra Style PAK 18 features these styles and many, many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the Xtra Styles PAKs 1 - 18 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Expand your Band-in-a-Box 2024® library with Xtra Styles PAK 18! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of the Xtra Styles PAK 18 here.

Watch the Xtra Styles PAK 18 Overview & Styles Demos video.

Note: The Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box®. (Xtra Styles PAK 18 requires the 2024 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+/Audiophile Edition. They will not work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

New! XPro Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box 2024 for Windows!

We've just released XPro Styles PAK 7 with 100 brand new RealStyles, plus 50 RealTracks and RealDrums that are sure to delight!

With XPro Styles PAK 7 you can expect 25 rock & pop, 25 jazz, and 25 country styles, as well as 25 of this year's wildcard genre: Celtic!

Here's a small sampling of what XPro Styles PAK 7 has to offer: energetic rock jigs, New Orleans funk, lilting jazz waltzes, fast Celtic punk, uptempo train beats, gritty grunge, intense jazz rock, groovy EDM, soulful R&B, soft singer-songwriter pop, country blues rock, and many more!

Special Pricing! Until September 30, 2024, all the XPro Styles PAKs 1 - 7 are on sale for only $29 ea (Reg. $49 ea)! Supercharge your Band-in-a-Box 2024® with XPro Styles PAK 7! Order now!

Learn more and listen to demos of XPro Styles PAKs.

Watch the XPro Styles PAK 7 Overview & Styles Demos video.

XPro Styles PAKs require Band-in-a-Box® 2024 or higher and are compatible with ANY package, including the Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 includes built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API, allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper tracks, including tiny lossless files of instructions which play audio instantly from disk.

We demonstrate the new Reaper features in the Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin 6.0 in our video, Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6 for Mac®: New Features for Reaper

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® - Update Today!

Already grabbed your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®? Head to our Support Page to download build 803 and update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 installation with the latest version developed by our team!

Learn more & download now.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac® Video - Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!

Read all about the 50+ newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®, or you can watch our video "Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Mac®: Over 50 New Features and Enhancements!" to see it in action!

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,790
Posts749,368
Members38,889
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
bleaver, John247hour, salvaz, Jeff272, alexisguerrero
38,888 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 134