Each of you is doing a fantastic job
Thanks for sharing
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Really good guys, you took an old classic and made it your own.

Janice knocked it out of the park as per usual, and your guitar work on this is perfect.

Excellent, well done Janice, Peter, and Bud!

Thank you Dave. I have long wanted to do a song from that era.
I’m glad you liked it!

Janice

User Showcase
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Wow, this song kept me captive throughout the entire production, Janice has that Linda Ronstadt sound to her voice, and the guitar solos were spectacular!!

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Tough song to sing.
Janice outdid herself making it her own. You all put together a really nice different spin on it.

Josie

Thanks Josie.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Really good guys, you took an old classic and made it your own.

Janice knocked it out of the park as per usual, and your guitar work on this is perfect.

Excellent, well done Janice, Peter, and Bud!

Appreciate the comments Dave.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Peter, J&B

What a lovely treatment of this old song! Janice absolutely knocked it out of the park with the vocal on this! I really like that jazzy tone you used on guitar Peter! It's perfect for the genre! Bud, nobody could have done a better job with Janice's vocal than you did here! Enjoyed it!

Thanks, Torrey

Torrey, we very much appreciate that and your support over the years.
It means a lot to us!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Peter, J&B

What a lovely treatment of this old song! Janice absolutely knocked it out of the park with the vocal on this! I really like that jazzy tone you used on guitar Peter! It's perfect for the genre! Bud, nobody could have done a better job with Janice's vocal than you did here! Enjoyed it!

Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey. Janice certainly shines on this.
Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I can honestly say I'm not a Gershwin fan.... but this is something that could possibly convince me otherwise.

You guys and gals gave this the royal treatment and made it new again.

Nice.

Thanks Herb.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I can honestly say I'm not a Gershwin fan.... but this is something that could possibly convince me otherwise.

You guys and gals gave this the royal treatment and made it new again.

Nice.

Thank you Herb. I just couldn’t resist when we saw that
it had become public domain. I’m glad you liked it. Branching out can be fun but not always smile

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter, Janice & Bud,

Would love to hear a whole album of these standards... A stunning vocal by Janice and an outstanding arrangement and mix.

The whole package!

Bob

Thanks Bob, we appreciate the sentiment.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rodipoet
Very well done,guitar, mix, árrangemnt and as always an excellent vocal and a nice foto

Thank you.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter, Janice & Bud,

Would love to hear a whole album of these standards... A stunning vocal by Janice and an outstanding arrangement and mix.

The whole package!

Bob

Thank you so much Bob!

Janice

Originally Posted By: rodipoet
Very well done,guitar, mix, árrangemnt and as always an excellent vocal and a nice foto

Thanks you!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very pretty version of the song. Beautiful vocal Janice. Loved how you slid into the notes. Very cool jazzy tone to your guitar Peter. Awesome playing. Excellent production, mixing and mastering. Well done.

Thank you Scott. I’m happy you like it.

Janice

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is gorgeous.

I hit play as fast as I good on this one, because this is one of my favorite songs.

You three did a great job with it.

The lead guitar part is amazing. I LOVE the bends on the technique. Very Chet Atkins/Jerry Reed. Impressive!

I would love to learn what kind of guitar you were using, and tips on your technique with those bends, effects etc. I would like to learn that sound and specific tone. Really, really good.

You should do a YouTube showing your guitar technique on this. Seriously.

Thank you David. And yes Peter's playing was sublime!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is gorgeous.

I hit play as fast as I good on this one, because this is one of my favorite songs.

You three did a great job with it.

The lead guitar part is amazing. I LOVE the bends on the technique. Very Chet Atkins/Jerry Reed. Impressive!

I would love to learn what kind of guitar you were using, and tips on your technique with those bends, effects etc. I would like to learn that sound and specific tone. Really, really good.

You should do a YouTube showing your guitar technique on this. Seriously.

Thanks David - really appreciate the comments. The guitar was my Variax - a Martin-D28 emulation. Only effect was a little reverb.
Not sure what I can tell you about the bends, lucky choices I guess.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very pretty version of the song. Beautiful vocal Janice. Loved how you slid into the notes. Very cool jazzy tone to your guitar Peter. Awesome playing. Excellent production, mixing and mastering. Well done.

Thanks Scott

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Bud & Janice !
WOW ! Simply wonderful in every aspect,
tune, music, and Janice beautiful rendition
as the sugar on the cake ! smile This really
hit me where it counts i.e. my heart !!!

Thank you for this gem !

Cheers
Dani

Thank you Dani. I truly love this 100 year old song!

Janice

Originally Posted By: musician17
Oh wow. Another superb collaboration. I LOVE Gershwin, so this was a special treat, for me. Janice is, well, Janice ... what can one say about her voice that hasn't been said already, apart from the fact that it genuinely seems to improve (if that's possible) with each song? Peter, your guitar solos and fills are stunning. Bud, the mark of a good mix is, in my humble view, when it's not even noticed ... and this is a brilliant mix, the music just shines, I would never know you were even there :-) Congratulations, all!

Thank you! I’m so glad that you, especially as a Gershwin fan, liked it.
Bud did ask me to mention that Peter mixed the song and Bud mastered it.

Janice

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Haven't logged in for a while and what a treat first up! I have a treasured vinyl copy of Ella sings Gershwin. It takes a mighty talent and plenty of chutzpah to cover a song made famous by that great lady. Janice duly delivers a delightful rendition that can stand proudly beside Ella's. Wow. Brilliant work from you three.
Regards,
Leon

Leon, to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Ella is humbling beyond description.
You are too generous and I’m most appreciative.

Bud

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Bud & Janice !

WOW ! Simply wonderful in every aspect,
tune, music, and Janice beautiful rendition
as the sugar on the cake ! smile This really
hit me where it counts i.e. my heart !!!

Thank you for this gem !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
Oh wow. Another superb collaboration. I LOVE Gershwin, so this was a special treat, for me. Janice is, well, Janice ... what can one say about her voice that hasn't been said already, apart from the fact that it genuinely seems to improve (if that's possible) with each song? Peter, your guitar solos and fills are stunning. Bud, the mark of a good mix is, in my humble view, when it's not even noticed ... and this is a brilliant mix, the music just shines, I would never know you were even there :-) Congratulations, all!

Appreciate the lovely comments.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Lovely. Vocals are stunning. Imagining driving open road in '26 Ford Touring - the song takes us back in time...

Charlie

Thanks a lot Charlie.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Lovely. Vocals are stunning. Imagining driving open road in '26 Ford Touring - the song takes us back in time...

Charlie

Thank you Charlie. And thanks for the great image!

Janice

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
GOOSEBUMPS.

What A Voice!!!

Cool arrangement. The mix is Stellar. The balance is perfect. Every piece is present and clear, yet warm and supportive (Although at times, John's piano gets a bit "busy"). The vocal sits perfectly.

Peter's guitar sound like it "came with the package". Excellent.

Nice album cover!!

Y'all need to do a whole album like this.

fj

Thank you floyd! A whole album? That is generous of you as I felt like I was stepping out on a limb with this one tune smile hmmmm … if I did you would have to join in!

Janice

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
GOOSEBUMPS.

What A Voice!!!

Cool arrangement. The mix is Stellar. The balance is perfect. Every piece is present and clear, yet warm and supportive (Although at times, John's piano gets a bit "busy"). The vocal sits perfectly.

Peter's guitar sound like it "came with the package". Excellent.

Nice album cover!!

Y'all need to do a whole album like this.

fj

Appreciate that floyd. I'll have a word with John!
Petet

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,909
Posts739,617
Members38,645
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
JazzMan01, kssyblls01, maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin
38,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 155
musocity 106
DC Ron 97
rsdean 93
dcuny 81
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.