Originally Posted By: nelsonmay
I am playing with BB 2022 with an M1 Mini. I am noticing that a lot of song/styles, I guess you call them, have a lot of instruments that sound like an old Atari video game. Is this because I don't own all the sound packs needed, or is this just the MIDI engine making up sound for the particular track?

Is this the way the software is designed?

Excellent information from Noel96 has been provided.

Are you using the M1 Mini speakers to output the sound, or do you have a MIDI interface that allows you to use an external synth and external speakers?
I am not familiar with the M1 Mini, but if it uses internal speakers, then possibly this will contribute to poor sound quality. You do need to have good sound reproduction capability.
In the Mixer in BiaB, any tracks in Yellow font will be MIDI, any tracks in Green font will be RealTracks.

I looked up the specification for M1 Mini and it simply shows built-in speaker. If so, it's likely to be a very small speaker and this may be the source of the issue.

The software can produce world-class music, it's definitely light-years away from Atari video game sounds. You may just need an external sound-card interface and external speakers to get excellent results.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones