Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke

First of all I would never write a comment like this.

Apparently you missunderstood my comment. No disrespect intended. Likely I choose my words unclearly.

Take care MusicStudent,
I read your comments and you made a fair point - the HOW wasn't obvious, the magic of the software across platforms is "deceptive". Henry is very prickly, with a perceived slight or even the vaguest whiff of criticism seeing him become irate.
"First of all I would never write a comment like this. It's just flat out disrespectful. Also it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about!!" NEVER seems to have a short life or H.C. has a skewed/myopic interpretation of unkindness.

"Disrespect" is a powerful and much misused word. Then again I'm prickly about the assumption that respect is automatic and doesn't require being earnt. Whilst I agree that a modicum of sensitivity is due all folk in the 1st instance, this cannot be advanced until folk demonstrate they give and earn "respect".

Henry has a great in depth understanding & practice with BIAB, he's very enthusiastic which is a fine selling point. When most folk are "in the zone" they move at their own pace and make unconscious assumptions about others' knowledge & experience. Folk who don't are usually trained teachers of some sort or other. I suspect a review by other heads, during editing and before publishing, is something we should all employ.

Last edited by rayc; 08/23/22 04:56 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe