Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Peter and Leon, great job guys. As just about everyone here as mentioned, it was a good overall write and mix, but man, that ending is killer! I've never used a tin whistle, or listened to them much for that matter, but to my ears it was just a little loud in the mix, but take that with a grain of salt - that may be just what you were looking for. Good song guys.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now that is a good song, my friends!

I enjoyed the folksy feel with the looking back lyrics, followed by the cool guitar driven ending.

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Peter and Leon—

Nice write, nice production, resulting in a really good tune. The tin whistle, which I thought at first was a flute, works really well—nicely melodic within the mix, which I think is sometimes difficult to do. The mix overall sounds really good to me—vocal sits nicely in the mix. Really smooth arrangement—well done! Love that stop at 3:50 and the ending from there on—very creative and well executed. Great job, guys!

Deej

Thanks a lot Deej.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Leon - good write. Well sung.

Peter - very nice arrangement/production. Well mixed.
The vocal effect was cool (a doubling effect?)

Loved the ending.

fj

(I like the art work, too)

Thanks Floyd the doubling was in fact 2 vocals.

Glad you liked the ending.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Peter & Leon,
This is an excellent write- its not east to be original with a missing love theme, but your subtlety does just that.
I like Leon`s vocals ( the double effect could maybe have been broken up rather than throughout)- sung with conviction.
That ending is amazing- not just because Peter`s guitar is fantastic; the way it adds heat to the underlying passion of the song gave me goosebumps!

Robert

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
A very creative piece of work musically and lyrically.
Great job !

Thanks!

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Good song with very interesting lyrics, and I LOVE the break and the guitar solo at the end, that's a very cool idea.

I'm a bit undecided about the vocal sound, on one hand it sounds a bit too processed, on the other hand it fits the song.

But it doesn't sound bad at all, so it's all good smile

Thanks for the comments.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Peter / Leon,

Tremendous song! Love the vocal, writing and production. Awesome guitar outro...

You guys really nailed this one down!

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: olemon
"I used to dream about the highway
I thought that freedom meant to move
A moving target that was my way
Love was just a chain to be removed"

Wow. Terrific lines that hit home here.

Wishing you the strength to manage all of those issues. Peace.

Scott

Appreciate the review.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very beautiful folky song. Really like the chording and how it reflects the deeply touching story.
Lovely tin whistle, gives timeless feeling, I'm very glad you used also, fits perfectly smile That pleasant acoustic guitar (3544) was also used in my song. Great ending, that solo is like straight from the best Dire Straits songs and the drumming rolls ahead nicely. Great vocals. Another masterful creation to relish alone.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
“Finally discovered what freedom truly meant
On the day that I gave her my heart

What a thrill to know that someone cares
Every pleasure’s sweeter if it’s shared”

Those lines above are especially endearing to the romantic Janice (who believes she returns to him by the way!) smile

We love the tin whistle; it emphasizes the mournful feeling.

Leon’s double vocals sound really good, as does the entire production. (Bud has been wanting to try this with Janice for awhile now.)

Your awesome guitar outro is perfect.

Kudos!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

This is really energetic.

Great playing, and a lush rich sound.

Really like this.

smile

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
I enjoyed listening - especially the change up at the end!

Thanks David.
Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Peter and Leon,

Man, it's great to be able to hear fresh material that harkens back to the styles of the 70's instead of the common fare on the radio these days! Loved this tune! Great vocals by Leon! That whistle is a good choice for this! The chorus is awesome! Loved the up-tempo section at the end...kind of a cross between Layla and Freebird! Great job with the solo work!

Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool intro Peter. Super vocal and lyric. Loved the tin whistle. Guitar was very cool on the outro as well..

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Peter and Leon
Excellent song
Great sung and played
Reminds me a little bit of the sound of Wishbone Ash
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Gentlemen ...

What a cool song! And that guitar at the end really seals the deal. Powerful lyric with the perfect arrnagement and delivery. Yeah, a cool song for sure.

Alan

Thanks Alan

Peter

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Peter and Leon,

Awesome song!
Great voice.
We like the way it changes in the end.
Very well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Appreciate the comments.

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Peter & Leon,
This is an excellent write- its not east to be original with a missing love theme, but your subtlety does just that.
I like Leon`s vocals ( the double effect could maybe have been broken up rather than throughout)- sung with conviction.
That ending is amazing- not just because Peter`s guitar is fantastic; the way it adds heat to the underlying passion of the song gave me goosebumps!

Robert

Appreciate the review Robert

Peter

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Now that is a good song, my friends!

I enjoyed the folksy feel with the looking back lyrics, followed by the cool guitar driven ending.

Thanks Scott.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Peter and Leon, great job guys. As just about everyone here as mentioned, it was a good overall write and mix, but man, that ending is killer! I've never used a tin whistle, or listened to them much for that matter, but to my ears it was just a little loud in the mix, but take that with a grain of salt - that may be just what you were looking for. Good song guys.

Thanks Brad

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very beautiful folky song. Really like the chording and how it reflects the deeply touching story.
Lovely tin whistle, gives timeless feeling, I'm very glad you used also, fits perfectly smile That pleasant acoustic guitar (3544) was also used in my song. Great ending, that solo is like straight from the best Dire Straits songs and the drumming rolls ahead nicely. Great vocals. Another masterful creation to relish alone.

Janne

Janne
You are too kind! blush

Peter

User Showcase
PeterF Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
“Finally discovered what freedom truly meant
On the day that I gave her my heart

What a thrill to know that someone cares
Every pleasure’s sweeter if it’s shared”

Those lines above are especially endearing to the romantic Janice (who believes she returns to him by the way!) smile

We love the tin whistle; it emphasizes the mournful feeling.

Leon’s double vocals sound really good, as does the entire production. (Bud has been wanting to try this with Janice for awhile now.)

Your awesome guitar outro is perfect.

Kudos!

I'll have to ask Leon but I don't think she does!

Thanks for the kind review and ongoing support.

Peter (& Leon)

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics82,010
Posts740,324
Members38,658
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Libertyjack, Pianoman3, JohnJacobb40, HM Hall, paraschiv25
38,658 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)