Yeah i definately mis said a couple things. One issue that i struggle with with PG is that there seems to be some small issues inherient with the base code. I.E. the reason VSti only partially works. What i mean is that any VSti that requires times control, like say jamstix will not work. This has been a request for about three years. So my assumption is that at it's base code, in PTPA and RB by inheritance factor this is a problem. So I am leary of big changes until those things are addressed. Maybe i am wrong and a total rewrite isneeded, but so far the program works less a couple issues.

The second most said deep level gripe is a lot of new users want to scrap BiaB and Rb in favor of a program that is inherantly both in one. I personally think that is a rather bad idea, since there are many users that never even use RB, and some that seldom use BiaB. Those two worlds are softly married in RB, and to force everyone to learn a new hybrid is not fair to older users who have no need.

I think with patience, and a bit of time Rb will be that product. We ahve to remember that it is only in it's third real year, and has grown a lot. The very fact that Rb does what it does makes it a very serious DAW. EVEn the giants, Samplitude, Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, and Sonar can't begin to touch the BiaB features in RB. The fact is only Mixcraft even begins to add auto generation to the base code of a Sequencer, and that is nothing but a light weight looping tool built in, and not even close to RT/RD generation.

RB is lacking in Pure DAW sophistication when view along side Sonar, but it is suffering from far less growning pains, and the fix list is short. Give it three more solid years and i bet it will suprise you. Remember where Sonar was 6 years ago.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, open dialog is good on the forum, and if anything i said was demining or condesending, or even aggressive I appologize. I hope you continue to contribute and share your ideas and thoughts here. Oh don't forget to record more than you post! We don't need anymore Veteran talkers around here!!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.