I've been blessed with a very good life, but like everyone, there have been difficult times. Several years ago a tragedy struck that will probably last the rest of my life. It's something I always live with, but October is always the worst. I usually just withdrawal within myself, which is why I haven't been around for a while. Early this October I was feeling down and sorry for myself while working on my computer in my music room. I decided to kill an hour of downloading time plucking on my guitar and came up with this song. I wrote it and then promptly threw it in the trash. On Halloween my wife was feeling terrible (we just had to put our dog down). She looked at me, tried to smile, but agreed that October can stink. With that, I got home and took the rumpled paper out of the bin, and decided to record it. If you decide to give it a listen, you won't hurt my feelings at all, but I'd love to know if you think I should leave it in the round file or hold on to it for a while - as well as any production hints I could learn from. It's going to take me some time to catch up with all the songs posted while I was away, but I'm looking forward to it!

https://soundcloud.com/user-722422510/if-october-never-came If October Never Came

If I could take 31 days and make them go away
you know, I’d take October and make sure it never came.
I’d stay here in September and not remember all the pain.
My hurting might be over if October never came.

The days would not grow shorter and chase the light away.
The winds would not blow colder, or the leaves begin to change.
The skies wouldn’t start to snow, and I’d never have to let you go.
Oh, there’d be no starting over if October never came.

Oh, every year at about this time the memories start to flood my mind.
Most of the year I get through okay, but now October’s here, and there’s just no escape.
So, if I could take 31 days and make them go away,
oh, my hurting might be over if October never came.

Oh, every year at about this time the memories start to flood my mind.
Most of the year I get through okay, but now October’s here, and there’s just no escape.
So, if I could take 31 days and make them go away,
oh, my hurting might be over if October never came.
Oh, if I could take just 31 days the angels never would’ve taken you away
and my hurting, it might be over if October never came.
If October never came.

Everything but vocals is Biab:

Drums: Brian Fullen, _POPH085.STY
Bass: Dow Tomlin, _POPH085.STY
Acoustic Rhythm Guitar: Tony King, _POPH085.STY
Acoustic Finger Picking Guitar: Jason Roller, _POPH085.STY
Electric Rhythm Guitar: Darin Favorite, _POPH085.STY
Fiddle: Wanda Vick, _TIMEY
Pedal Steel: Eddy Dunlap, _TIMEY
Piano: John Jarvis, _CPPBSAJ.STY