+1.

The weak spot in the idea is what approach is the user given to tap out a pattern? RealDrums have RealCharts and RealCharts gives the midi data a utility program needs to make this happen.

Ideally I believe BiaB would need to have a utility that creates a repeating two bar loop. The user then taps assigned computer keyboard keys to enter hits into the two bar pattern. There would need to be a computer keyboard assignment for kick, snare, closed and open hi-hat and cymbal.

Real time tap entry of kick and snare should provide enough data for the utility to figure out time signature and tempo. The hi-hat and cymbal would help the utility define swing or even feel.

Once the user is satisfied with the tap entered pattern the utility could search through the RealDrum tracks to list tracks that meet the user defined pattern.

I would think any list of RealDrum tracks that matches time signature, tempo and feel would be short enough for a user to be able to audition the tracks on the list and pick one or more.

Last edited by Jim Fogle; 12/22/22 08:24 AM. Reason: Added RealCharts comment.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home