Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Originally Posted By: Byron Dickens
You seem to be asking for legal advice. You really need to consult with an attorney who specializes in Copyright law.

Amen to that!

Again, I recommend reading Don Passman's books referenced earlier.

Although both are attorneys, neither takes the place of consulting one if you have specific questions about your situation. Having a basic background will save you a lot of money since it will help you know what questions to ask.

Barry's service, like all others, is based on the WGA who've been doing it for over 75 years now. My only opinion is that if you are quite prolific, a 3rd party service might be something to consider. If not, having multiple Unpublished registrations on one form is now inexpensive.

Thanks Mike for all the resources, I have learned a ton from this thread and really appreciate it. Trying to ask for experiences or insight into the topic before consulting a lawyer. I can't really afford one, but will put a session on the credit card as an investment.

You mentioned you were a consultant, may you please tell me or send me your rates? I would be glad to pay for a consultation regarding this issue smile

Last edited by QuestionAsker; 03/01/23 05:50 AM.