Steve, thanks for the information. That's very helpful and consistent with what I often hear from Mac users. I'm sure they aren't perfect, but they seem to get the job done. I have used PCs since before Windows and was convinced by a friend at that time not to buy a Mac because PCs had so much more flexibility. Maybe he was right, maybe not.

What I often hear from other PC users is that they have done this or that in order to get to a point where their computers operate like they want them to. Mac users don't seem to have to do anything to get their systems to operate for their purposes. They just buy them and plug them in.

For what it's worth, I don't even use my computer very much as a DAW, and if I do it's usually just a couple of audio tracks. I use BIAB, some transcribe software, stream lossless music to my stereo, do some photo editing, use some office software (unfortunately, my office uses PCs, so that's one issue I need to consider), use the internet, e-mail, etc., and what ever else I happen to feel like. Even if I take the DAW out of the equation completely and use the computer only for the other things, it still seems to get mucked up in short order and slows down. I could use my Dell as my DAW, but a Mac may still make sense as the "other" computer. But to be honest, I don't really see why I should need to use two computers. (minor rant over :-))

I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet. There are a number of variables to consider. But I appreciate everyone's thoughts and input. Keep them coming.

By the way, which Mac did you get?