Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Man, those opening notes from Peter's guitar are killer --actually that was just the first sign of his continuous slaying. Then Janice comes in to show how sad she is about it all. Love those tasteful harmonies. Man, you guys are so darn good with Blues that I had to go back into your old songs to believe you were ever Bluegrass. And, YEP, you were outstanding there, too. Do you guys do any Disney? --asking for a friend.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey team!

One of the best blues tunes of yours to my taste! Janice, that was awesome! Peter's guitar is made for this tune. Very spacious, big sound blues. Bud awesome job in putting this all together. Congrats! Enjoyed this very much and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: firesong
Hey guys...super mix of some serious blues...a usual stellar performance by Janice and Peter...the back and forth of the vocal and ax are quite a combo...Peter's tone is impeccable and his licks are very cool...sultry and bluesy in a well crafted package!

Thanks. We’ve loved for years the manner in which Peter works his guitar around Janice’s vocals. We appreciate your generous comments!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: dcuny
The intro proves that the blues ain't nothing but an excuse for a guitar solo. wink

Then the guitar properly steps aside and lets Janice take the stage.

Tuning on the kick drum? I'd heard it done on the snare, but not really thought of it as something on the kick. Interesting!

The production has all the earmarks of a Bud production: uncluttered and clean. And Janice wraps around the vocal with her usual finesse.

Sounds great to me! laugh

Do we really need an excuse for a solo?

Thanks

Peter

Originally Posted By: rayc
It didn't seem long.
Wow Peter n Janice have the right tone in spades.
The outro reminded me, a little, of the lead on Ball n Chain by Big Brother & The Holding Company.
Super mix.
LOVED it.

Thanks Ray

Peter

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Guys,

Nice slow Blues.

I particularly enjoyed the intro with the Lead guitar nice and loud.

Best Regards
Nigel

Turned it up to 11.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Another great blues tune you are known for.
Great guitar work, vocals and mix . . . a nice slow burn indeed.

Thanks

Peter

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
She was born to sing the blues! (And anything else she chooses) wink
Band sounds wonderful, mix is great. I like Peter's tone... and some very tasty licks!

Well Done!

Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Janice & Bud and Peter,

nice guitar playing. The sound is perfect to fit Janice's voice. It's relaxing and intimate. In short, it's the blues that I love. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

We appreciate your review!

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
You all did good on this one.
Janice was born for this style.
Peter really let himself sail.
Excellent production, Bud.

User Showcase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Top notch! Love the guitar work and the way the guitar and vocals work around each other! Great mix putting everything in it's place to get the most out of every instrument and note! This definitely gives me a goal to try to reach with my songs! Great work!

Don't ever try and be like anybody else and don't be afraid to take risks. -Waylon Jennings

PC-Win 10 Pro-Intel i9 9900 3.6 GHz-32 gig ram-SSD (X3)-AMD RX 550
AUDIO INTERFACE-Presonus FP10/Firepods
SOFTWARE-Cakewalk by Bandlab / BiaB 2023 UltraPAK
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wait a minute!!

I thought I was the only one allowed to start a song with a 5 minute guitar solo!!!

smile

Just kidding

This is awesome. Impeccable performance all around. Sweet!!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
J&B&Peter, I've run out of adjectives describing how good you are!
Super guitar, as usual.
Super vocal, as usual.
Super mix, as usual.
This is better than most songs at Alligator Records.
You know that I love the blues so you know that I love this one!

Glad you liked this one Mario! We had been wanting to do an all out slow blues for some time.

J&B

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Now that's the Blues!!! Great production, sound, vocals, and lead guitar. Nice !!!

Elliott Kayne
elliottkayne@gmail.com
https://www.reverbnation.com/kaynemusic
https://www.facebook.com/ekayne

Health, Wealth, Family, Faith, Friends, and Fun

User Showcase
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
J/B/4T/Peter.

i forgot to ask..on this groovy song...
what is the vocal chain ?

ie...mic ? plug ins ?

(its ok if if you dont want to say...understood.)

as an idea hearing the song again i would love to hear later on in the song janice singing voc doubles..

she is such a fab singer...i would LOVE to hear you all on bensons version of 'on broadway'.
a fav of mine.
I reckon you guys would slay it...seriously.
n' peter would also slay it on the leads.

health wealth n' happiness to you. kudos.

om

ps thanks for listening to my crazy new song...bout women n' rock n' roll.
janice dancing in the kitchen made my month..lol.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Morning you three,

Well, you know I love this! Nothing better than slow blues done well in my book.

Janice of course is magnificent, such great tone and phrasing. And the BGV's are quite different than what you would normally hear in a blues tune, very creative.

Peter is always on the money, great chops.

Mix is sounding good as per usual, Bud!

Just what I needed to start off my day, thanks!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Janice,Bud & Peter,
Wow, that intro guitar sizzles...and then Janice delivers a wonderful simmering vocal. Beautifully clean, clear production; this is top shelf!

Robert

Thank you Robert. That covers our attempted objectives and we do appreciate the mention of them and the nice comments.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
4T.

this song reminds me of a smokey bar i was once in late at night.

so many great blues songs have been done over the years..and this is right up there.
love everything re the vocals including the fab bgv's.

this song should be on commercial radio.

great lead gtr tone..

as always excellent.
you guys are a creative powerhouse imho.

happiness.

om

Thank you! Some good music came outa those old bars indeed.
Our bluegrass bands played in a lot of them ... could've done without the smoke though smile
We do appreciate the nice comments.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
J&B&Peter, I've run out of adjectives describing how good you are!
Super guitar, as usual.
Super vocal, as usual.
Super mix, as usual.
This is better than most songs at Alligator Records.
You know that I love the blues so you know that I love this one!

Thanks Mario

Peter

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Janice & Bud and Peter,

nice guitar playing. The sound is perfect to fit Janice's voice. It's relaxing and intimate. In short, it's the blues that I love. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thank you

Peter

Originally Posted By: firesong
Hey guys...super mix of some serious blues...a usual stellar performance by Janice and Peter...the back and forth of the vocal and ax are quite a combo...Peter's tone is impeccable and his licks are very cool...sultry and bluesy in a well crafted package!

Appreciate the comments

Peter

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Tuning on the kick drum? I'd heard it done on the snare, but not really thought of it as something on the kick. Interesting!

Drummers don't care, but any sound engineer worth his money will make sure the drums are properly tuned before the session.

But back to the actual song: I love it!
Very smooth and pleasant blues, with tasteful guitar playing, a voice that could sing the New York phone book and still gives me goosebumps, and an arrangement and mix that puts everything in the right place.
I'm no blues expert by any means, but to me this is pretty much perfect.
Great work by all involved!

Thanks

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Janice,Bud and Peter,

The true value of Janice & Bud is here.
Vocals are really great.
Peter's guitar is also very nice.
Both the intro and the acompaniment of the vocal are very cool.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Perfect 8 AM Monday morning music, let’s start the week off right. That guitar is the cream in the coffee. Good stuff.

Thanks Mark! Ah yeah coffee ... bring it on smile

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
What a cool intro. I have to comment first on the production of the song. What and excellent mix and master Bud. Love how Peters guitar sits with Janices vocal. Loved the groove to the song. Janice's vocal was perfect and I think this is my favorite guitar solo of Peters. Really well done...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
This song should get the Blues Music Award in Song Of the Year, Guitar and Vocals categories, at least I would vote this way if I could! Peter's guitar and Janice's vocals are phenomenal. And when the chord progression is so enjoyable and the lyrical landscape is drawing the bold lines of pain elegantly and heartbreakingly at the same time, the end result is a classic blues song which should be included on any best of blues collection, especially when the mix is flawless.

Janne (who has written a song called Every Day I Hate The Blues laugh )

A review like this is very much appreciated by us all Janne. Your words about the vocals, guitar, write and mix are very generous and supportive.

Thank you!

J&B

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,907
Posts738,713
Members38,614
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic, smokeybirdsept2679
38,614 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 153