I want to say a few words about Henry Clarke.

This dude is the only YouTuber out there teaching BiaB. Gordon Scott is not lying, Henry's tutorials are ten times better than the official PG Music tutorials.

Quote:
...I quite often suggest to newcomers that they look to his videos rather than PG Music's videos, because I think thay are more pragmatic and digesible for a newcomer...

This is true. PG's videos are all about "WHAT & WHERE". Henry Clarke's videos are about "HOW & WHY".

PG's tutorials are basically telling you WHAT a new feature is, and WHERE to click to open it. Henry's tutorials are telling you HOW to use this feature in a real life scenario, and WHY he chose to use it.

Quote:
Some months back Henry quit the fora and closed off all his tutorials in protest at the way he perceived people were behaving towards him. Several of us persuaded him to open his tutorials again and just have a rest from the fora ... have a break, unwind, whatever.

Can someone explain what had happened? What did people do to Henry that made him want to quit YouTube? Is there a link to the original thread?

My only complaint about Henry Clarke is the quantity of his content. Things like Soloist, Melodist, RealStyle Picker, etc, are quite complicated stuff, require multiple episodes with multiple examples to demonstrate. Henry did only one episode for each one, but he can definitely do more episodes on the same topic and explain the details and nuances with different examples.

I disagree on the statement Henry's videos are helpful for newcomers. Lots of his tips and tricks stuff are helpful for both newcomers and seasoned BiaB users like me.

Henry Clarke is the Morgan Freeman of BiaB education.

A Canadian music producer, singer songwriter, composer, and professional guitarist.