Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
I'm not a civil court judge, but I'd like to offer a settlement deal on the dispute between Henry Clarke and Mike Halloran.

To Henry Clarke
You never want to put all your eggs in one basket, let alone Putin's basket. If the US sanctions are getting worse in the future, maybe consider withdrawing from TuneCore and transfer the rights to a distributor on the American soil.

To Mike Halloran
You have already given insightful opinions on LOC and legal aspects. Could you also give some advice on the distributors?

90% of the young musicians are not yet famous. All they want is to focus their time on making music, find a reliable distributor to publish, collect some royalty income, publicize on YouTube and TikTok, get attentions, and eventually sign a deal with a record label. The lawyers of the record label will take care of their paperwork on copyright.

I have put up a list of 21 best known online distributors/publishers. Please indicate which ones are legit, which ones are to be avoided.

• Amuse
• AWAL
• CD Baby
• DistroKid
• Ditto
• Fresh Tunes
• Horus Music
• Landr
• Level
• ONErpm
• Record Union
• Repost Network
• Reverb Nation
• RouteNote
• Songtradr
• Soundrop
• Spinnup
• Stem
• Symphonic
• TuneCore
• UnitedMasters

Except for stating that TuneCore is a distributor and quoting that they are not a publisher, I have stuck to Copyright only.

Let’s save distribution for another thread.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5