Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Very nice arrangement - very good balance of instruments without overkill.

Hi, Misa.

Thanks! I had a bunch of BiaB instruments lined up to add in (cello, fiddle, mandolin), but it didn't seem to need anything else so I left it fairly sparse - for me, anyway.

Quote:
Super use of vocal synth. Getting scary how realistic they get. Spotless, clear mix.

Good the hear. I was fighting a bit of distortion in the bass, which is why I switched over to the electric bass. The rattles from the cajon add a bit of buzz, and there's some grit in the vocals that I wasn't quite able to clear up. But I'm very happy it works for you! laugh

It's really nice to have a vocalist on hand 24/7. This technology is really spoiling me.

Quote:
Lyrics are a bit distant from my views, but musically well done and listens very well. Thank you for sharing

And thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I like the Natalie synth voice. Nice sweet tone and expressive, not shrill at all. Realistic sounding.

Hi, Scott.

I think she's got a hint of Karen Carpenter, although that ascending line has more than a hint of Barbra Streisand. wink

I dialed some of the parameters down to emphasize her lower register, which is where I think she sounds the best. I was lucky the key fit her. Like a real vocalist, these voices have ranges that can't be ignored.

Quote:
Lovely melody. I don't know the original hymn, but you did commendable work creating your own tune for the poem. Sounds very contemporary Christian.

Thanks!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Dewey_MI
Absolutely beautiful! Well produced and vocals are top of the line!!

Hi, Dewey.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! smile

Quote:
What does Synth V after Natalie's name mean?

It's indicates the vocals are created using a program called SynthesizerV. I used the Natalie voicebank on the lead vocals, and the Kevin and Jun voicebanks on the background vocals.

-- David Cuny

dcuny #769375 06/23/23 11:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David

Lovely use of Synth V. The vocals are beautifully produced.

Excellent work throughout.

Peter

dcuny #769397 06/23/23 01:54 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David, this could be used in an add for synth voices.
That vocal sounds real!
Great mix.
I liked the lyrics also.

Excellent song

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
dcuny #769445 06/24/23 03:33 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very impressive work, David. Man, you are really doing some special stuff with those synth vocals. Excellent choice of instruments in a very pleasing mix. I also much appreciate your thorough explanation of your process. I also appreciate how you followed your creative urges beyond what she who requested the song had in mind.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
dcuny #769450 06/24/23 04:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Hey this is really beautiful David.

A truly gorgeous production.

dcuny #769586 06/26/23 09:59 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
When I read "thou" I think "must be old" smile

That's beautiful. And I applaud your decision to use your own melody, because it's the best element of the song.

I'm also a sucker for reverb, so I have absolutely no complaints about that.
The bass could have a few dB more, but apart from that the mix is not bad at all.

Enjoyed the listen.
A lot!

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube
dcuny #769691 06/27/23 11:37 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
This is so beautiful and authentic! How did you make those voices sound so, so authentic? No idea. Hats off, though - the end result is exceptional. The melody is so soothing ... I love this kind of song, and you've nailed it. Nothing but respect smile - bravo!!!

dcuny #769730 06/28/23 10:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! As others mentioned Natalie’s vocal has so much feeling. It is like she is paying close attention to the actual words she is singing. Whatever magic you do with your synths is great.

The harmonies are delightful also (and there is definitely not too much of them).

Everything arrangement wise is in the pocket. The melody as it fits the poem, the BiaB tracks and your processing and mix.

Janice said she wishes the monk who wrote the poem could hear this! smile

J&B

dcuny #769889 06/30/23 05:38 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great work with the vocals, I wish I could make my vocal tracks sound as clear, natural and airy as yours (or have time to tinker with all possible parameters).
Beautiful arrangement and excellent mix, you are also a master of those skills.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

dcuny #770096 07/02/23 03:57 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love these ai vocals. Excellent production David. Just loved this tune. Really well done...

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Lovely use of Synth V. The vocals are beautifully produced.

Excellent work throughout.

Hi, Peter.

Thanks for the positive feedback! laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
David, this could be used in an add for synth voices.
That vocal sounds real!
Great mix.
I liked the lyrics also

Hi, Mario.

Thanks! But I can't take any credit for the lyrics. wink

One of the advantages of writing the song to the singer is that you can focus on what they do well - even if it's just a synthetic voice. I suspect that's more a factor than my skill in "tuning" the voice.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Very impressive work, David. Man, you are really doing some special stuff with those synth vocals. Excellent choice of instruments in a very pleasing mix. I also much appreciate your thorough explanation of your process.

Hi, Marty.

Thanks! I think anodyne is my wheelhouse. My brother described it as when you go to turn the radio on, but it's already playing. wink

Quote:
I also appreciate how you followed your creative urges beyond what she who requested the song had in mind.

She hasn't come back with a request for another version. UJAM just came out with a BeatMaker Cozy that does LoFi Trip Hop beats. Now that would be the backbone for an interesting version...

Thanks for stopping to comment! smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey this is really beautiful David.

A truly gorgeous production.

Hi, David.

Thanks for the kind words - I appreciate it! laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
When I read "thou" I think "must be old" smile

Hi, B.D.

You're not wrong! smile

Quote:
That's beautiful. And I applaud your decision to use your own melody, because it's the best element of the song.

Thanks! I was a bit worried that it sounded it a bit more like a harmony part than a melody, but it grew on me, so I stopped worrying.

Quote:
I'm also a sucker for reverb, so I have absolutely no complaints about that.
The bass could have a few dB more, but apart from that the mix is not bad at all.

I may just do that. Or re-do the bass a bit, since it could do with a touch more activity.

Quote:
Enjoyed the listen.
A lot!
Thanks! laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is so beautiful and authentic! How did you make those voices sound so, so authentic? No idea. Hats off, though - the end result is exceptional. The melody is so soothing ... I love this kind of song, and you've nailed it. Nothing but respect smile - bravo!!!

Hi, James.

Thanks!

I suspect that the biggest trick with synthetic voices is playing to their strength. I've quite a number of sampled instruments that are one trick ponies - they do one thing, but they do it well.

The trick - if there is one - is to never have them stray far from that.

Thanks again for the kind words!

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Wow! As others mentioned Natalie’s vocal has so much feeling. It is like she is paying close attention to the actual words she is singing. Whatever magic you do with your synths is great.

Hi, J&B.

Thanks! I do fiddle with the vocals quite a bit, but more in trying to get the vocalist to sound natural on the phrase. If it doesn't work, I'll just have them sing something else, or phrase it differently.

Quote:
The harmonies are delightful also (and there is definitely not too much of them).

Thanks! Putting the harmonies together is my favorite part. smile

Quote:
Everything arrangement wise is in the pocket. The melody as it fits the poem, the BiaB tracks and your processing and mix.

Good to hear, especially from you.

Quote:
Janice said she wishes the monk who wrote the poem could hear this! smile

I suspect he'd like a plainchant version instead. wink

Apropos to nothing, I'd actually studied plainchant a bit. I remember someone asking if new plainchant was being written, and a priest responding there wasn't any need, since they already had music by the best composers ever.

That put an end to me studying it!

Thanks for stopping by for a listen.

J&B [/quote]

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Great work with the vocals, I wish I could make my vocal tracks sound as clear, natural and airy as yours (or have time to tinker with all possible parameters).

Hi, Janne.

I suspect that TrackSpacer does a lot of that work for me. For example, it's useful to automatically duck the reverb so it doesn't overwhelm the vocal, but allow a lovely tail when the vocal stops.

Quote:
Beautiful arrangement and excellent mix, you are also a master of those skills.

Thanks! blush

I appreciate you taking the time to stop and comment!

-- David Cuny

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,861
Posts739,327
Members38,641
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
heymovies shop, tony10000, Berto Pastor, Jay Zehr, PeteA
38,641 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)