Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I'm a fan of mandolin, dobra, and well written lyrics. All the check marks ticked here! Well done Marty!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Loved this song when I first heard it, and still love it. Plus this time I get to see the video wink

Thanks, Dave. When writing this I was thinking of us playing on it, but... well, I needed it to fil out the last album. Still would like to hear our version.

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Hi Marty, I love how you say "I just sang", like is of minor importance, no, you just put together a great piece of music all around. Loved it!

Cheers

Mike B.

Thanks, Mike. I no I ain't no singer, but I'm thrilled you liked the song anyway.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Marty, we were just saying a while back (and have a song in the works) that it is too bad that the “middle ground” has almost disappeared these days.

Fine write and supporting video indeed.

Great band and your vocals sit in most nicely on our monitor soundstage.

The dobro was an excellent choice.
Hey, Bud said he oughta ship you his upright since he so rarely plays it smile

“Every conversation has got to have two sides.
Some give and take from both applies.
To have communication the meaning never hides.
Or else you'll walk away with lies.”

YES!

Well done!

J&B

Sorry, guys, I have no idea what you're talking about.

--Okay, I'm back. Just kidding. Your comments always make me feel better. Bud, thanks for the offer, but... I used to have an upright, but it was either sell it or buy a bigger car. I play sitting down now. I've seen a couple acoustic players play on stools, but I know I'd get lost in the music and fall off.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Marty...what a great message for a song and a great delivery of that message...I love this! and that resonator solo is killer...the best track I've heard in a while...the minor key and the mandolin gives it a gypsy flavor which is pretty tasty to my buds...just another stellar tune and performance (with a great video too!)

Thanks, Dan. I like that pun metaphor "tasty to my buds." Yes, you get the message. Unfortunately the only ones to likely get it are those who already understand it.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Spot on message, Marty!

I like the jaunty instrumentation: an uplifting tune for a seemingly hopeless situation today. Turn off that radio.

Vocal sounds good!

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Marty, this song explains today's situation so well that I think our government so be forced to hear it.

The lyrics are just so good that they scare me!
Great vocal and backing band.
IMHO this is your best to date.

Loved it.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Marty,

Awesome. Love it!
Might be your best ever. Like the epitome of the BabuMusic sound.
Good write!
Nice vocal (so...BabuMusic!)
Love the BAND, too! The dobro works perfectly.
Excellent Mix.

fj

Man, thank you so much, Floyd. So much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Marty,
A very cool Gypsy swing style tune! Excellent lyrics & your vocals shine. Musical bed is super. Mix is top notch. Really enjoyed this one and thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Ah, you say Gypsy swing, I hear Django Reinhart. Thank you so much for your kind words, my friend.

Originally Posted By: DonnyGee
You got to love those minor blues progressions, especially in G minor, you have the entire neck to use. Good work modulating the half step for a bar or two. Like I have told you before, love your voice, very clear, on key and just a touch of verb. Good job on the recording work to.
Donny G

Thank you, Donny! I was never a singer because I couldn't really play and sing at the same time. hehe My best quality now is knowing how and when to punch-in. smile

Originally Posted By: Dewey_MI
I'm a fan of mandolin, dobra, and well written lyrics. All the check marks ticked here! Well done Marty!

Thanks, Dewey! BiaB has some fine dobro and mandolin tracks, and I seem to go to them a lot.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi BabuMusic,

Your composition is really well done both in terms of the lyrics and the melody. I didn't know you made videos of such quality. Well done. I really enjoyed it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Marty
So much truth packed into one great song
Really good Marty
Great singing and playing
BiaB super used
You did a great job with the video
GREAT WORK Marty
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Awesome tune Marty. What a cool groove. I was just chatting with Robert the other day. I was telling him how amazed how he cool it was to be able to come up with so many excellent lyrics. Cool talent to have. This applies to you and allot of members in the forum. Loved the dobro. Cool add to the song.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Spot on message, Marty!

I like the jaunty instrumentation: an uplifting tune for a seemingly hopeless situation today. Turn off that radio.

Vocal sounds good!

Thanks, Scott. Yeah, I kinda believe people have been trained to become too self-centered for "the good of all" to have any meaning.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Marty, this song explains today's situation so well that I think our government so be forced to hear it.

The lyrics are just so good that they scare me!
Great vocal and backing band.
IMHO this is your best to date.

Loved it.

Thank you, Mario. Yeah, politicians would likely die out if communication only ever revealed the truth.

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi BabuMusic,

Your composition is really well done both in terms of the lyrics and the melody. I didn't know you made videos of such quality. Well done. I really enjoyed it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thank you, Derochette. That means a lot coming from someone with your musical talents.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good message, sad but true, too much talking and too little thinking, the loudest voice wins. I wish that one day people could ask AI the third opinion and the logic would be something we couldn't argue against, but we are not there yet.
Enjoyed the band which has nice old European folky feel. The solo guitar is a good selection. And your voice fits also this style. Nice chord progresssion especially in the bridge.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics82,020
Posts739,942
Members38,640
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Emily Wilson, tony10000, Berto Pastor, PeteA, DeezWaffles
38,640 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)