Originally Posted by Matt Finley
Hi Mark. Welcome to the forum.

Where to start?

I learned Encore on a Mac but for nearly 30 years I used it daily on a Windows machine. I was a beta tester for most of those years. I gave up on Encore in 2020.

Most of my crashes were from moving text.

The discrepancy in version numbers for the Mac is well known. You might enjoy reading the comments on the new Encore site forum. Mike Halloran is a member here and there, and he knows about the versions.

The Encore forum had one and only one post in over twelve months from Admin. A few weeks ago, Admin said this Thanksgiving is the new target release date.

I use PDF to Music Pro if it’s a Finale printout, and it sometimes works on published scores. For most printouts I use Scan Score Pro.
Yes, it may actually come back with November, 2023 as a target. I am in touch with Don and we've discussed what will and won't be included but I have not seen any of the work in progress. The Admin is Don.

I normally use Finale these days. Notion has not kept up though Fender has announced they're working on it. I am not a fan of Dorico's workflow and consider MuseScore as useless as always. Layout in Overture is time consuming—might as well be Finale—and Sibelius... yikes! Even my wife is using Finale for her work, fortunately, she has 24/7 tech support smile

Nothing equals Encore for the "down and dirty" lead sheets and church work that makes up over half my notation work. The 5.0.4 Windows version is too buggy and, though the 5.0.7 Mac version is remarkably stable over Mojave, it's unable to run over 64 bit MacOS (Catalina and later) and the slurs, when printed look cartoonishly bad (on screen, they're good—go figure). I keep an old Mac around just to run it.

Anyway, the Passport Music site is here. Encore, MasterTracks Passport Music and the Forum is where Andre and I answer questions. We are both volunteers, however and neither of us are affiliated with Passport Music or Don Williams.

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5