But now it's an empty bed
that's much too big
for someone sleeping alone.
It's a lonely world
that is much too sad
for one heart beating alone

Pre-Chorus
I need you here
I can't stop thinking of you (You're all I dream of)
Yes I need you here
Don't you know that I love you?
Won't you tell me that

Chorus
I'm the one, the only one?
You've been lost, and you've been wrong.
But now you know that
I'm the one, the only one.
That's why you're back where you belong.

Verse 2
Getting off at the bus stop in the morning
to the same old carousel.
Spend my days bagging groceries (all day) at the checkout (every day)
"Clean up on aisle 12"

I'm back to the same old grind
and it's much too hard
to spend life being alone. (on my own)
And my broken heart know just what it wants
Come on and pick up the phone

Repeat Pre-Chorus
Repeat Chorus
Repeat Chorus

The Instruments

RealTracks
~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
3899:Vibes, Rhythm PopEven Ev 110
691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
3707:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm 90sAcRockArpPick Ev 120
~2494:Piano, Acoustic, HeldChords 120
1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

SynthesizerV
Weina (lead vocal)
Jun (duplicating lead vocal)
Qing Su (mid harmony)
SAROS (low harmony)

Effects Chain
Main Buss: HorNet ThirtyOneMK2, Lurssen Mastering (Pop Rock)
Vocals: VoiceCentric, EZ Mix2 (Phone with Delay), Panagment2, Abby Roads Chambers
Piano: EZ Mix2 (Piano2)
Vibes: Panagement2 (Panning FX)

Edit #1
I balanced the lead vocal, edited out the /s/ and /t/ in the doubled lead so it would sound more like a single voice, replaced Capital Chambers with Abby Road Chambers, and added a touch of reverb to the guitars. Hopefully things sit a bit better.

The Blah Blah Blah

Short version: All comments are welcome! smile

With January coming to a close without having posted a new song, I figured it was now or never get something done. I was also sick at home with a cold, so I had some time to work on a song. I was inspired to floyd jane's song "Closet Space", as well as the demo for the BiaB demo song "Macon" I ran across while looking for a style.

I found the demo _RUBY, and made some simple changes (along with a key change to a more reasonable C instead of Db.

Lyrically, there's nothing especially original here, but I liked the way it turned out. I'd considered adding a third verse where the narrator says the listener better "hurry up before she changes her mind". But it seemed to stand well enough with only two verses, so that's all it's got.

Of course, anytime a song works out, I wonder if I've accidentally remembered someone else's song as my own...

I figured I should put in an instrumental break instead of just repeating the chorus, but couldn't find any guitar solo that worked. Eventually I hacked out the instrumental break in the DAW, and got what I'd originally envisioned after all.

I didn't spend nearly as much time futzing around with the mix or the arrangement. Feel free to complain about, or even make positive suggestions. wink

Yes, the non-native SynthesizerV voices have trouble saying "bus".

The echo harmonies on the second verse ("all day", "every day") might be a bit too silly, but I like 'em. Again, feel free to disagree.

I've still got a cold, so goodness knows how the mix actually sounds. Again... feel free to make suggestions!

Last edited by dcuny; 01/30/24 09:32 PM.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
David. I am always amazed by the quality of the voices and your songs: precision work.
Laurent

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,

Wow! This is a great production. Love the voices and harmonies. Excellent mix.

You really understand what makes the SynthV work. Excellent stuff...

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David, you've created a lovely sounding lite pop/rock tune here. You've really got a great handle on using the synthetic vocals. Take care, TB

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A nice bouncey pop song and these synthetic voices seem to be getting better all the time.
Good job.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey, very cool David!

Excellent work on this!

I really enjoyed the arrangement and all of the vocal work.

Good stuff!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David,
Very nice effort. Well rounded tune. While I prefer real vocalists, I think you did a great job articulating robo voices. To my ears, vocals are a bit dry and metallic robo is slightly showing under silicone skin. Perhaps a bit more reverb and some common fx (vocal+instruments) could smooth it out a bit. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Wonderful arrangement on those vocals, David.
Couldn't help wondering how it would sound with electric drums though.

Vic

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Laurent.
Originally Posted by laurent4114
David. I am always amazed by the quality of the voices and your songs: precision work.
I think the SynthsizerV is doing all the heavy lifting with the vocals.

Truthfully, I didn't do that much tweaking of the voices.

Thanks for listening and commenting! smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Bob.

Originally Posted by rsdean
Wow! This is a great production. Love the voices and harmonies. Excellent mix.
Thanks! smile

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

After hearing what ThomasS had achieved with BiaB using the auto-harmony function, I was going to try that instead. But I forgot and did it the hard way again. Next time, though, I'll try to be a bit more lazy. wink

Thanks!

Last edited by dcuny; 01/29/24 10:56 AM.

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Torrey.
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
David, you've created a lovely sounding lite pop/rock tune here. You've really got a great handle on using the synthetic vocals.
Thanks!

I keep trying to write something that's a bit more "pop", so it's good to hear I'm on the right track.

Thanks for listening! smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Steve.
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
A nice bouncey pop song and these synthetic voices seem to be getting better all the time.
Good job.
Thanks!

The synthetic voices are getting much better, although there's still a bit of an accent to the ones that aren't native English. But some are just so pretty, I use them anyway.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
David, I really like this. The vocals sound great. The arrangement hangs together nicely. The holds are very well done. The bouncy pop vibe makes this memorable and a very enjoyable listen. Good job, Tom

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Hey, very cool David!
Thanks, David.

I really enjoyed the arrangement and all of the vocal work.
Good to hear. As I'm typing this, I hacking away with a nasty post-nasal drip - there's no way I could have sung on this.

It's nice to be able to create music, even under non-ideal conditions. smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
David...love the melody...and of coarse the harmonies are dreamy...super production as usual...someday the machines won't need us at all...I wish that was a joke!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Misha.

Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Very nice effort. Well rounded tune. While I prefer real vocalists, I think you did a great job articulating robo voices.
Thanks, although I should confess they're pretty much out of the box.

To my ears, vocals are a bit dry and metallic robo is slightly showing under silicone skin. Perhaps a bit more reverb and some common fx (vocal+instruments) could smooth it out a bit.
Interesting... I'm using a slightly different FX chain this time around. I've got the Greg Wells VoiceCentric to handle compression and EQ, followed by Panagement to place it into a room, I'm also routing it to Capitol Chambers (emulated chamber reverb). I suspect that's where the "metallic" sound is coming from.

Normally I'd use an LX480 (emulated Lexicon LX489L) which gives a richer decay. So I'll probably choose a different 'verb and see if that helps.

Now that I'm looking at the vocal again, I should fix some of the harsh attacks on "I need you..., as well as manually adjust the wave amplitude so the compressor doesn't have to do all the work...

Thanks! I appreciate you listening, as well as the feedback. laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Vic.
Originally Posted by vicarn
Wonderful arrangement on those vocals, David.
Thanks!

Couldn't help wondering how it would sound with electric drums though.
I did think I could possibly layer the drums (I'd seen a UJAM Silk2 demo where they did exactly that). I'll give it some more thought.

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words. smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Tom.

Originally Posted by tommyad
David, I really like this. The vocals sound great. The arrangement hangs together nicely. The holds are very well done. The bouncy pop vibe makes this memorable and a very enjoyable listen.
Glad to hear it! I suspect the original BiaB demo is where most of the credit should go... But I'll take for myself anyway. wink

There was a lot of hack-and-slash to get the hook into the final chorus, so I'm glad not all the seams are showing.

Thanks for listening and commenting! smile

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
dcuny Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi, Dan.

Originally Posted by firesong
David...love the melody...and of course the harmonies are dreamy...super production as usual...
Thanks! smile

someday the machines won't need us at all...I wish that was a joke!
Actually, the latest feature in SynthesizerV is that it converts the sung audio into MIDI, along with an attempt to figure out the phonemes of what was sung. So there's literally a effort to put humans back in, instead of the other way around.

I'm happy the melody works. After I've heard the song dozens of times, it can be hard to know if the song works, or I'm simply used to hearing it.

Thanks for listening and replying! laugh

-- David Cuny

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
David, what a lovely song! Fun lyrics, and the arrangement just keeps the tune percolating forward. The vocals sound quite nice, and do not to my ears have any distracting artifacts or pronunciations. You've done a great job, especially considering you're not 100%. Hope you feel better soon!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,878
Posts739,439
Members38,643
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Delta 8 Austin, cac24e81ef, heymovies shop, tony10000, Berto Pastor
38,643 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 154
musocity 109
DC Ron 96
rsdean 90
dcuny 81
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.