Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#810943 05/21/24 05:40 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Chris Spruit is back with us for this one, she wrote the lyrics, did the vocals, and plays piano. Lately we have been mostly focused on producing videos because we get way more listens on YouTube than any of the streaming platforms, but for those that prefer just audio there is an audio only link at the end of this post. I used Copilot to produce the images for the video, fun stuff!

The Band:

RealDrums: BossaBrushesFull^1-a:Sidestick, Brushes , b:Sidestick, Ride
RealTracks in song: ~686:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120 (during the solo only)

Chris Spruit: Piano and vocals
Marty Straub (BabuMusic): Bass guitar

I'm playing the lead and rhythm guitars.

Mixed in Reaper with plugins from Izotope and Waves, mastered with Ozone11.

Poor Heart of Mine (2024, Chris Spruit)

Never knew how hard it came
never thought that I could lose this game
all 4 aces laid in line
poor heart of mine

POOR HEART of mine
save this poor heart of mine

Now that I know the jokers mind
You're the one of the gambling kind
my hearts back in the stack
All the aces lost their jack

POOR HEART of mine
save this poor heart of mine

Solo

all the cards have been played
All the possible moves were made
Craving for the gamblers gain?
Now I know the losing game

poor heart of mine
poor heart of mine

Audio link: Poor Heart of Mine

All comments welcome!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave, Chris & Marty,

Wow! A new favorite!

Chris sounds excellent with a perfect slow-burn vocal and some great piano lines. Love the arrangement and the mix as well. You and Marty sound great together. I really like your guitar parts here - I am getting some Santana vibes.

Awesome stuff!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice! Beautifully melodic, with more than a hint of Latin. Dave is a marvel on the lead guitar, Marty is unobtrusively but flawlessly playing the bass, and Chris is expressive and communicative in her solo. Well arranged, well written, well performed, VERY well produced, and (not least) a good video. Love that this song is, once more, melodic, and tells a clear story well. Good job - and I agree with Bob about the Santana vibes, of course.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Y'all are a Killer band.

Chris write Rock songs like a Pro. Not such an easy thing to do.
(Welcome back!!)

I love it when Dave gets-his-carlos-on. Smokin'

And Mr. I've-Got-The-Bottom never disappoints.

In my speakers - bass could use a dB, vocal could lose one.

Y'all should have a deal.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song!! Kind of has a Jefferson Airplane sort of vibe to me.

Really good!

All of the elements are tight. You folk and make a great band.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Dave, man, this is a GREAT song, and SO well performed. "Killer" is probably overused, but...this is absolutely a KILLER tune. You, Chris and Marty sound pro level for sure. That guitar tone is smoking. Did I say "killer" already? Never mind...LOVE this song!

DC Ron
BiaB Audiophile
Presonus Studio One
StudioCat DAW dual screen
Presonus Faderport 16
Too many guitars (is that a thing?)
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Smooth.... Yep. If you know, you know.

Indeed this is oozing with Santana vibes. Nice work.

That's one smoking guitar. Nice vocal work.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave, Chris, Marty

Brilliant, smooth, engaging.
Great performances all round, (Loved the Santana-ish solo).
Excellent song.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Dave, Chris, and Marty, you outdid yourselves on this one.
Loved that Santana groove.
Outstanding vocal and lyrics.
The perfect bass and guitar parts.
Very profession mix.
This one should be on the radio today.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Dave.

That's a hot mix - but it fits the style.

As usual, everyone's in top form, so it sounds great! smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really nice feel!!! Chris sounds great and Dave channels a bit of Carlos on this latin jazz feeling tune!!! Great job all of you!!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Dave, Chris & Marty,

Wow! A new favorite!

Chris sounds excellent with a perfect slow-burn vocal and some great piano lines. Love the arrangement and the mix as well. You and Marty sound great together. I really like your guitar parts here - I am getting some Santana vibes.

Awesome stuff!

Bob

Appreciate that, Bob!

Originally Posted by musician17
Nice! Beautifully melodic, with more than a hint of Latin. Dave is a marvel on the lead guitar, Marty is unobtrusively but flawlessly playing the bass, and Chris is expressive and communicative in her solo. Well arranged, well written, well performed, VERY well produced, and (not least) a good video. Love that this song is, once more, melodic, and tells a clear story well. Good job - and I agree with Bob about the Santana vibes, of course.

Thanks, James!

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Brilliant song all around! I agree re YouTube views. I don't expect to get many on anything, but I barely get any responses on other platforms.

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Ooooo, what a serpentine feel in the music. Good song, and the high points are Chris' vocal and that guitar solo.

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Guys,

Top song and great guitar and vocals - I can't fault it.

Best Regards
Nigel

Nigel Spiers
Christchurch, New Zealand
info@nzacoustics.com
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Y'all are a Killer band.

Chris write Rock songs like a Pro. Not such an easy thing to do.
(Welcome back!!)

I love it when Dave gets-his-carlos-on. Smokin'

And Mr. I've-Got-The-Bottom never disappoints.

In my speakers - bass could use a dB, vocal could lose one.

Y'all should have a deal.

fj

Thanks for that, Floyd!

As far as the mix goes I always revisit before uploading to Spotify and iTunes, which I'll do in a month or so, and find after not listening to the song for a few weeks I'll often hear things I missed the first time around.

I've made note of your comments in the song folder and will certainly check both of those things, thanks for the feedback!

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Great song!! Kind of has a Jefferson Airplane sort of vibe to me.

Really good!

All of the elements are tight. You folk and make a great band.

Not hearing Airplane myself, but I'll take it! I wore the grooves off their Surrealistic Pillow album back in the day.

Thanks, David!

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Dave, man, this is a GREAT song, and SO well performed. "Killer" is probably overused, but...this is absolutely a KILLER tune. You, Chris and Marty sound pro level for sure. That guitar tone is smoking. Did I say "killer" already? Never mind...LOVE this song!

Really appreciate that, Ron!

Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
Smooth.... Yep. If you know, you know.

Indeed this is oozing with Santana vibes. Nice work.

That's one smoking guitar. Nice vocal work.

Always good to get feedback from a fellow guitarist, thanks, Herb!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Glad to hear Chris again, not just her excellent vocal performance, but also the sweet sounding piano playing.

I enjoyed the bossa rhythm and the perfectly fitting chord progression. Excellent guitar and bass work. Melancholy in a pleasant mix.

Dave, Chris, Marty and blues - 4 aces, the perfect set of cards in the musical pack.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hey Dave, Marty and Chris...another exquisite piece of music...instrumentally and vocally perfect...it is fantastic to hear Chris again...man what a great voice!...nothing against you guys vocally but you hairy legged boys suck compared to her...you do however add just the right band to back her beautiful vocals...Dave your guitar work is flawless as usual and Marty the bass is killer...so...keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing more soon!

www.soundclick.com/firesong
BiaB 2024, Steinberg Cubase Pro 13, Wavelab 11.2, SpetraLayers Pro 10, Audacity, Steinberg UR44 Interface, Yamaha Genos, Roland FP60 and FP10, Windows 10

You are who you are because you do what you do because of what you believe.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Man, it is such a rewarding and enlightning experience listening to Dave & Chris work out these songs. Best fly-on-the-wall experience ever. Dave, this is such a terrific mix. Chris's vocal is so good to begin with, and then you bring it out so well. Yeah, you know I love your guitar work. Thanks for the invite, and thanks to all who liked what I added. Although I really can't imagine anyone listening to the bass with all that good stuff going on.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,981
Posts740,060
Members38,652
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DaveHornet, EnzoJames, BIAB4Me, Al TH 02, Raenil
38,651 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)