Page 2 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Buford Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Quote:

Bob,

You said you had a story - and you sure did an excellent job telling that story - and another fine example of what can be done without a pro studio.

I have been looking to replace my old US-122 - and was looking at spending a little more money - but the US144MKii sure seems to do the trick for you.

Thank so much for sharing with us - it's a great inspiration.

Hey Rich...thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. I still haven't done a lot with the US144 yet, but I really like that it runs on USB power so you can take the computer anywhere and work on stuff. I've heard that it has to be the only device on the USB hub it's plugged into to avoid dropouts etc, but I haven't experienced any such problems. Lots of ram (2GB) in the laptop helps a lot, I also use an external USB hard disk for the audio files which frees up the main HD running XPPro. Still it rivals anything I've been able to do in our "big" studio; now I'm starting to wonder why I thought I needed to spend all that money.

Thanks for listening,
Bob

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Great song Bob. Lyrics great- everything is working well. I'm on a laptop at the moment so I can't hear it in the best light, but it sounds like compression is pumping a little bit. The drums? The mix overall? Not sure, but it's noticable even on this lappy. Enough to pick up on and get in the way a bit- at least for me anyway, me being mister picky. May want to check that. But really great tune Bob. Another winner!

Dan

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Had another listen. It's compression pumping. I'd say it's personal taste, but pumping compression really should be avoided in straight ahead country. Take it or leave it Bob, it's not make or break but it would be better to back it off a bit. I don't mean to be a pain. Forgive me. These things I notice. Really nice tune.

Dan

User Showcase
Buford Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Quote:

Had another listen. It's compression pumping. I'd say it's personal taste, but pumping compression really should be avoided in straight ahead country. Take it or leave it Bob, it's not make or break but it would be better to back it off a bit. I don't mean to be a pain. Forgive me. These things I notice. Really nice tune.

Dan

Hey Dan...yea I've been playing around with Reaper to see what it's capable of. BTW...you're the one who got me to try it, so a big "thank you"...I'm reallly enjoying it! I'll transfer the tracks over to Sonar for final mixing, and Sound Forge for mastering. I'm not a huge fan of compression except for my Tele when doing that country rock stuff. Still, the ones in Reaper are pretty good plugins. Haven't found anything I'm in love with yet. I'm replacing the steel track with a performance from an excellent local player who also has a studio here. He's proficient on both pedal and non-pedal and has offered to do some "Don Helms" (...for the uninitiated, "Uncle Don" was Hank Williams' steel player.) style non-pedal on this one. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Also, I've had calls/meetings with three local country bands in the last week looking for some new "honky tonk style" songs to add to their sets! This is pretty exciting since I've never been approaced by a band to do my stuff before. I played both of the new songs at the Northern Colorado Songwriters Circle and I guess that's how word got out about some "new old country" being written. Not sure what it is about this old stuff, but I can't remember the last time I had this much fun writing and recording music. Who knew?

Have you been working on anything interesting?

Later,
Bob

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Glad you're liking reaper. It is great right? The plugins are really great for sure. Great to hear all your positive news. I'm a HUGE hallowen nut and for a couple of weeks I put music aside and worked on my home haunt. Now that it's over, I'm thinking of redoing an older traditional country song I did some years ago. I think it'll be great with biab. Did you check out the one I posted a few weeks back? Look a couple of pages in- you'll find it. It's called It's love I'm fallin in. Not sure if I'm gonna whip up something new or double back for that older one. We'll see.

Dan

User Showcase
Buford Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Quote:

Glad you're liking reaper. It is great right? The plugins are really great for sure. Great to hear all your positive news. I'm a HUGE hallowen nut and for a couple of weeks I put music aside and worked on my home haunt. Now that it's over, I'm thinking of redoing an older traditional country song I did some years ago. I think it'll be great with biab. Did you check out the one I posted a few weeks back? Look a couple of pages in- you'll find it. It's called It's love I'm fallin in. Not sure if I'm gonna whip up something new or double back for that older one. We'll see.

Dan

Hey Dan...you know I did listen to your song a while back and I really liked what you did. I didn't get a chance to leave a comment but I'll go back and revisit it. Everything you've submitted is so very well done in every area. Impressive stuff; you're quite the talented man.

I'd like to see some pics of your "home haunt" if you've got some. (Send to the email on my profile page) We live in a big subdivision (over 300 homes and three schools) that's a "hatchery", as one friend put it, with tons of little kids coming around with their parents at Halloween; little tiny tykes in their costumes, wide-eyed incredibly cute kiddos. My kids (22 and 26!) love giving out treats. I think they're re-living the experience of Haloween vicariously.

Later,
Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Band-in-a-Box® + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!

Since AI is now readily available online as a resource for many things, we recently put together and shared a video where we demonstrated how to create a song using Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V; we've also shared a Bob Doyle Media video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band in A Box, showing how they utilize AI for their song projects. Now it's time to share Henry's video, Band-in-a-Box + ChatGPT = Impressed the BOSS!, where he demonstrates how to use ChatGPT and Band-in-a-Box to whip a song project together in only 3-4 hours.

Watch the video.

Visit Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite, to find a large collection of tutorials showing the viewer how to achieve amazing results using Band-in-a-Box®!

Band-in-a-Box User Video Tutorials!

If you've reviewed our Support page, you've probably noticed the Videos page, which separates our Band-in-a-Box® tutorial videos by category: Overview, VST DAW Plugin, Setup, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and there's even an Archive category to go down memory lane... (You'll also find these videos on our YouTube Channel.)

It's always great to hear how other Band-in-a-Box® users create their songs, especially when they explain in detail what they're doing. Like Henry Clarke's YouTube Channel, Henry Clarke - Senior Musicians Unite! There you'll find his ALL Band-in-a-Box Tutorials playlist with over 50 videos! His top-three most watched videos include "How to Get Started with Band-in-a-Box," "How I use the Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box," and "How to Create An Effective Solo Using Band-in-a-Box" - however he touches on many other topics and also demonstrates his own Band-in-a-Box® songs in the Band-in-a-Box Created Songs playlist!

You're guaranteed to find some helpful videos when you visit Henry Clarke's channel!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Convert MIDI Chords into AI Vocal Harmonies with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics81,881
Posts739,452
Members38,647
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
kssyblls01, maxtern, 1Oleg1, Delta 8 Austin, cac24e81ef
38,646 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 154
musocity 109
DC Ron 94
rsdean 89
dcuny 81
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.